Plan Your Look The Night Before
Planning your outfits the night before safes you loads of time in the morning trying to figure out what to wear. To make planning your outfits even easier you will need a super organised closet.
Organizing Your Closet
One of the best ways to organize your closet is to keep all of your pieces together and colour coded, meaning tops together followed by pants, jeans, skirts and dresses.
Try and keep your shoes in one place and your tights and socks in one drawer. Jewellery on a stand or in a compartment drawer. Scarves and belts on racks.
Keeping your wardrobe organized gives you more control of your clothes and accessories which makes planning your daily looks stress-free.
Seasonal Pieces And Trends
Once you know what it in your closet you can identify what is missing, according to the seasons or specific trends and styles that you like.
When you are planning your look according to current trends, do not do the copycat version especially if you are using fashion magazines as a guide. Rather pair pieces in a way that makes it your own and select details from the current fashion trends that accentuate your personal style and turn it into something unique, and completely you.
This would be the last step in planning your look, pairing your shoes, handbag and jewellery with your outfit pieces. Dress up simple pieces with bold shoes and accessories.
Categories your accessorize according to;
• Classic accessories: pearl or diamond-stud earrings, silk scarf, leather clutch and classic black pumps
• Glamorous accessories: chandelier earrings, bib necklace, large cocktail ring, crystal-embellished clutch, oversized sunglasses and sky-high heels
• Playful accessories: chunky jewellery, boho bag, and headbands
• Edgy accessories: thick cuff bracelet, choker necklace, studded handbag and black leather booties
• Workday accessories: delicate necklace, classic watch, large satchel or shoulder bag and kitten heels
• Casual accessories: candy-coloured bracelets, cross-body bag, floppy hats and espadrille sandals
This makes planning a look easy so if you a 9-5 office kind of girl. Your go to combination would be the tailored pants and Blouse. This outfit combination can take your from day to night. Your capsule wardrobe should at least have one pair of tailored pants and a silky blouse. You can re-style this combination by wearing your blouse buttoned up and with a cardigan for a simple office-friendly look. For a night time look and then unbutton the top buttons of your blouse and add some bling. Alter the, at the office look, by switching between heeled and flat shoes.