Award winning Aesthetic Doctor Dr. Rekha Tailor of Health & Aesthetic clinic in Elstead, Surrey gives expert advice on how to look after your skin this Winter Cooler climates, central heating and harsh winds are all very damaging for your skin health and can often result in a dehydrated and tired complexion. While having a healthy and balanced diet can improve skin health, sometimes our skincare needs a professional approach to give you the results you've been looking for.
Often, I have clients come into my clinic who are very worried about their skin health and one of the things I would recommend in trying is Profhilo, a treatment available at Health & Aesthetics. There are many benefits to this Super Skin Booster, including:
1. Instantly improves skin hydration.
2. Triggers collagen and elastin production, which means a dramatic improvement of skin quality, lines and skin texture.
3. It is the first stabilised hyaluronic acid based product without the use of chemical cross-linking agents.
It is pure hyaluronic acid.
It is recommended that patients have a two to three treatment sessions initially, with a one month break interval in between. This treatment gives visible results after just two visits and clients can expect to see a glowing and hydrated complexion. Results normally last up to six months but this is individual based on everyone's unique skin type.
Another treatment to improve skin health this winter is with a Hydrafacial which is also available at Health & Aesthetics. This specialist treatment works not only to improve the appearance of skin but to truly restore it, leaving it clear, bright and youthful.
The Hydrafacial targets skin concerns by:
1. Painless extraction of dead skin and impurities, these are removed to reveal healthy new skin.
2. The facial works to combine lymphatic drainage, deep cleansing and exfoliation which leaves skin looking and feeling fresher. This instantly improves skin appearance, texture and hydration.
3. Hydration is a primary focus within this treatment and the Hydra Facial Vortex-Fusion technology delivers a specialist combination of Hyaluronic Acid and powerful antioxidants, peptides and multi peptides to replenish skin leaving it plumped and promoting the ultimate skin health.
The treatment takes one hour and is perfect for anyone with general skin issues that want to improve the health and appearance of their complexion.
Further to the Profhilo and Hydrafacial treatments, there is also the powerful Chemical Skin Peels available at Health & Aesthetics which rescues dull skin by rejuvenating the complexion and restoring glow. While some people may be put off by the name of the treatment, this is actually pain free and does not burn - many people find this a very relaxing and pleasant experience.
A Skin Peel can save your skin this winter by:
1. Gently removing a controlled amount of the skin's outer layer, included unwanted dead cells on the surface.
2. The peel promotes regeneration which benefits the skin's overall health and appearance.
3. Results of the peel also help to reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles and sun damage to reveal a radiant and smoother skin surface.
There are also other approaches you can take if you are looking to improve your skin health this winter, simple steps such as washing your face in lukewarm water and daily use of SPF - even when it feels cold the sun rays can still be very damaging for your health and skin.