Rwanda Fashion Festival aims to change perceptions of people, "one mind at a time by exploring and bridging cultures through fashion and art".
Rwanda Fashion Festival will recognize people who gave their utmost contribution to promote culture via art, fashion, creativity and models industry.
Medals of honor will be given in the following categories: politics, culture, music, companies etc.
Roxanne Hellevik will be honored under CULTURE AND FASHION
Ms Roxanne Hellevik - A Danish Model recently who walked in Fashions Finest Renaissance London Week show 19 & 20 February.
The major objectives of the Rwanda Fashion Festival 2nd Edition is to expose and promote the best of Rwandan & African Fashion Design with the local effort and creativity.
Rwanda Fashion Festival's objective is to draw attention to the immense talent and sophistication which exists on the African continent in the fields of culture, fashion and the arts, generating positive energy and empowering people from all communities to come together as a call for creativity, unity in diversity.
Rwanda Fashion Festival is also involved in a series of initiatives with strong social and environmental impact, involving artisans from disadvantaged association groups.
To promote Rwandan and African designers and help these talented people gain access to the international fashion market.
The Rwanda Fashion Festival event is a blend of Modeling Shows and a 6 days Fashion Exhibition, Workshops, Seminars, Entertainment and Tourism (Photo Shooting in Volcanoes and Gorillas National Park and others Parks of Rwanda).
The event features 15 international fashion designers, 3 local fashion designers, unknown young designers from Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda will be selected 15 march 2011 and 9 of them will compete during the Festival.
16 international models one will be Roxanne Hellevik from Denmark, 4 from Kenya, 4 from Burundi, 2 from Uganda, 1 from Nigeria , 1 from
Burkina-Faso, 3 from South Africa and 30 models from Rwanda
Fashion Designers are accepted to represent their countries in the Festival:
1. Alphadi from NIGER/FRANCE (Founder and Director of FIMA)
2. Imane Ayissi from CAMEROUN/FRANCE
3. Modela Joseph Adebayo from NIGERIA
4. Gloria Kamanzi Uwizera from RWANDA
5. Vaishali Morjaria from KENYA/INDIA
6. Turuso From BURUNDI/SWEDEN
7. Martine Dabiré from CANADA and BURKINA-FASO
8. Yvonne from SOUTH AFRICA
9. Johanne St Luis from CANADA
10. Ali Dio from SENEGAL
11. Adebayo Oriyomi from NIGERIA
12. Diane Nyiraparasi from RWANDA
13. Ally Rehmuttlah from TANZANIA
14. Lucy Rao from KENYA (Director of African Fashion Fair Festival)
15. Hippolyte Diayoka from CONGO BRAZZAVILLE
16. Anderson D.from COTE D'IVOIRE
17. Bazem'se from BURKINA-FASO(Director of Folie de mode Festival)
18. Dady de Maximo M.M from RWANDA (Director of Rwanda Fashion Festival)
- Frédéric de La Chapelle (Fashion Photographer from France)
- Alain Elorza (Fashion Photographer From Spain)
- James (Photographer From Kenya)
MEDIA COVERAGE FOR THE EVENT
30 minutes Press Conference will precede the start of the Rwanda fashion festival 2nd Edition. Exhibitors, Sponsors, Designers local and International and models would be given the opportunity to interact with the media.
The following media (31 houses are expected to cover the shows);
Fashions Finest (UK)
M-NET (South Africa)
STYLE TV (Nigeria)
3Atelesud (France) Planéte mode Show about African and Caribbean fashion
CBS TV Kenya
Just Class Magazine (Magazine Franco-Africain d'information culturelles)
Hope Magazine, * Amina Magazine * Satellite Magazine
African Women Magazine(Uganda)
Black-Fashion Magazine (France),African Elegance Magazine(France),Vida Loca
Magazine(France),Glioo Pour Elle(France)
afrik Fashion (Ivory Cost)
BBC Radio, Radio France International, Deutsche Welle Radio
VOA Radio * Contact FM, Radio Rwanda, Flash FM, Radio 10, City
Radio, Sana Radio, Salus Radio (Rwanda)
Rwanda Television will televise the event LIVE
The show is expected to enjoy the biggest media coverage ever, for any fashion event in Rwanda's history.