'The fashionable woman wears clothes. The clothes don't wear her.' - Mary Quant.
The cold and bitter weather is not something that can hold a fashionable woman back. Coats, Hats and Scarfs tend to hide our figures and our amazing outfit underneath, but it is still possible to "rip the runway" in a snug coat and some cosy boots. Turtle necks, knitted jumpers and thigh-high boots are some of the latest trends this winter. Warm toned colours such as Brown, Gold and Camel are safe but oh so gorgeous colours to wear this year. So whether you are out for drinks in the evening, en route to work or shopping with your friends, my style board for this month will have heads turning when you enter the room! Remember that everything on this board can be purchased. Feel free to comment below!February Fashion outfit:
1. Toast Agi Dress. www.toa.st
2. Turner stretch-leather thigh boots. www.net-a-porter.com
3. Oasis gold bracelet dial watch. www.oasis-stores.com
4. Jaegar wool wrap, camel coat. www.johnlewis.com
5. Wide brim felt hat. www.blackfive.comMakeup:
1. Nars white nail polish. www.liberty.co.uk
2. MAC 6 Lash. www.johnlewis.com
3. Bobbi Brown makeup. www.houseoffraser.co.uk
4. Naked eye shadow palette www.urbandecay.com
5. Wonder'Lash mascara with argon oil. www.rimmellondon.comTrendy Trends:
A Tassel is known for being a finishing feature in fabric decoration. Its versions vary in many different cultures around the world. For some cultures like in the Middle East, Tassels on hats were worn as a tradition for spiritual reasons. In other cultures the Tassel on hats symbolised ones prestigious status.
Popular in Europe – especially France, the style of the Tassel has changed over the years. Very often you would find Tassels on the end of scarfs, on shoes, clothing and even drapery. The trend has been around for some years but the Tassels are back in fashion this period, but on our bags! Whether the Tassels skirt is sown across the back or attached by a cord, you are sure to be in fashion this season.
Tassels on clothing have been worn by many celebrities last year, with the likes of Kim Kardashian and the Serbian pop singer, Jelena Karleusa Tosic. Just the simple addition of a Tassel can give any accessory or clothing the perfect finish. The Tassel is so versatile and can be a great addition to almost anything, giving even the most basic item a vibrant look. Below are Seven of my favourite Tassel bags this season, be sure to get yours!Kim Kardashian, Sept 2014.
Pop singer, Jelena Karleusa Tosic, 2014
1. Rebecca Minkoff, Lexi Bucket Tote for £250. www.revolveclothing.com
2. Urbancode Leather Fringed Cross Body Bag for £69. www.ASOS.com
3. Black Five Tassel Detailed Shoulder Bag for £22. www.blackfive.com
4. ASOS Falt Bar and Chain Tassel Cross Body Bag for £25. www.ASOS.com
5. Nly Accessories Fringe Bag for £30. www.nelly.com
6. Emilio Pucci, Leather Clutch With Fox Tassel for £434. www.stylebop.com
7. AX Paris Tassel Purse for £5.99. www.axparis.comMisguided Active:
Still getting rid of your Christmas belly? Well do it in style as Misguided have a new affordable fitness line Active, its time to run off the turkey slices and all the mince pies. Launched on the 20th January, Misguided describes their line as "Empowering" and "Confident" , sure to motivate you to get in the Gym and be active of course. Ranging from sports bras, leggings, hoodies and more who knew you could look so good running on a tredmil? The Misguided website is also showing Eleven fitness videos with the Skinny Bitch Collective, helping and inspiring women to get in shape. The Active foot wear will be lauching sometime this month, now we will be running in style! Written by FF blogger Simone James