It’s one of the best times of the year! Dreamy snow and melodic jingles are in the air, and holiday cheer is everywhere.
From clothing that was seen as athlete-exclusive, to something your mom will wear on her busy days, and then finally a step further to something international celebrities will rock on the streets to show off their laid-back attitude, class, and healthy lifestyle. Activewear, or athleisure, is a trend that has been on the rise for quite some time now, and it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. We just can’t get enough of it. It’s comfort and style combined, it’s high fashion paired with practicality, so is it any wonder that we’re fully embracing this new direction?
This is the trend to follow right now, so let’s chat about how it was influenced, and what’s the most popular way to rock it today.
1. It Girls Sashy Down The Highstreet
From the moment she became a Victoria’s Secret Angel, Gigi Hadid became a relentless gym-goer and healthy lifestyle supporter. We saw her in everything from sexy little purple training bra paired with faux leather leggings, to downright graceful and delicate black ballet leotard paired with a lush grey coat and a big handbag. With some comfy footwear and sassy sunglasses on, she’s giving us life every time we see her leaving the gym.
Kendall Jenner doesn’t lag far behind her bestie either, and her look for the Milan Fashion Week this September was an incredibly successful mix of glamour and chic comfort. An oversized, shoulder-baring white sweater paired with an Adidas-like cropped pants? This girl is killing it with her fashion game. The perfect blend of slouchy and sleek gave her that cool vibe that we’re all longing for.
Take it from the A-lister ladies, this trend is the new version of effortless chic, and look at Gigi, Kendall, Selena Gomez, and even the Duchess of Cambridge for inspiration.
2. Queen Bey Comes To Rule The Gym
Look, if Beyoncé is loving a trend, then we’re all for it. With her last year’s launch of Ivy Park clothing line and the idea that athleisure is there to celebrate every woman’s body, we’re seeing a significant spike in activewear movement. Pretty little crop tops, simple black and white prints, and giant hoodies are Bey’s go-to ideas for her own line, and we’re loving the casual, soft feel of everything.
Pair slim leggings and a baggy crop top, put on a colorful headband, and you’ll be looking as fierce as our queen.
3. Rihanna Slays It With Puma
After her incredible success with Fenty Beauty, Rihanna seems to be fully embracing body-positivity, and activewear is definitely something that is meant to fit everyone. She paired up with Puma and the collection we’re seeing has this wonderfully retro feel that we’re absolutely loving at the moment. Velour tracksuits, varsity sweaters, turtleneck crop tops, and a bunch of biker shorts, French-cut racy swimsuits, scuba suits, and all of this in bright neon colors.
If you want crazy, if you want color, this is the thing for you, because it ties in fashion with fun, it’s bold, it’s unique, and definitely attention-grabbing.
4. How To Pull It Off Like A Celebrity
Whether you’re a busy lady with a million things to do in a day, or just someone who loves their fashion to be both high-class and comfortable, activewear is probably one of the easiest things to pull off. You just have to let yourself go there, you have to embrace the slouchy, sexy feel of effortless beauty. Gigi Hadid’s combo of all-pink tracksuit and a coat is perfect for a feminine lady who wants some romance in her outfit, and we’re definitely seeing a trend of blue and orange peeking out on the runways for the next year’s season.
Don’t be afraid to make it all more fun though, that’s the greatest thing about this trend. You take something simple, comfy, and then you can feel free to go crazy and get a watercolor splatter print, or something with jungle motives. Ombre looks and geometric designs are also really in.
Embrace the relaxed ease of this trend, ladies! While you’re stocking up on some cute athleisure, why not renew your gym membership and really start enjoying the whole lifestyle?
Written by Sophia Smith
Holistic is a word thаt іѕ thrоwn around іn the media ѕо оftеn thеѕе dауѕ thаt оnе hаѕ tо bе cautious tо аvоіd gеttіng duреd by cheap gіmmісkѕ.
This season Virgin Active is treating our models to some goody bags making sure they remain in top shape. Virgin Active is a chain of Health Clubs, Gyms & Spas in South Africa, Namibia, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Australia, Singapore, Thailand and the United Kingdom.
I was given the opportunity to try out Easy Detox 7 day plan i accepted as I was curious as I had never done anything like that before. When i told my friends and colleagues I was doing a 7-day detox most of them remarked ‘are you crazy?’, ‘You don’t need to lose weight’, ‘why?’ ‘Don’t you eat healthily anyway?’ and more.
Although i do eat healthily and don’t have ‘I can’t live without’ foods it was the thought of giving up the few foods I like to eat on a weekly basis, that was a struggle in my mind.
The process for the detox was to take 1 sachet of powder 3 times a day, morning afternoon and evening with coconut water, smoothies or sugar free juice. Depending on what you are trying to achieve you can stick to just that or find light healthy balanced meals on the Easy Detox website. I had read in some previous reviews that people had lost weight in 3 days, sounds amazing but I was not looking to lose weight, just to cleanse my body of any toxins and see what difference it made.
Foods I had to avoid
Salt, sugar, sweeteners, meat, dairy, gluten, alcohol, caffeine, fried foods
Day 1 - I mixed up the powder as suggested and ate a mainly bean or salad diet which I will give you at the end and drank lots and lots of water and exercise which is recommended.
Day 2 – I repeated the process with a similar diet with lots and lots of water and exercise and again no noticeable change.
Day 3 - I repeated the process and noticed my stomach was beginning to bloat and i was starting to feel very uncomfortable.
Day 4 - I repeated the process, my stomach was still bloated bloat even more and that uncomfortable feeling was getting worse.
At this stage i was wondering if I should stop as knowing my body well I know that it reacts in a negative way to any change slight change in diet or environment. So, i deliberated whether i should continue or not and how long would the bloating last and could i cope with this feeling any longer. However, i’m not a quitter so I decided to continue.
Day 5 – My body was beginning to get used to the change in diet and the detox but i was not feeling good at all and although the bloating was going down it was not as quickly as I had hoped but as i only had 2 days to go i struggled on.
Day 6 - by day 6 was feeling a little better and quite happy as i knew i only had one day to go.
Day 7 – To be honest this day could not have come quick enough for me. I was quite happy knowing I would not have to repeat the process again.
It can be difficult to know what to eat but on th esite their are recipies to help create some healthy alternative meals. I decided to opt for a variety of Beans, pulses, vegetables, roasted veg, salad, potatoes, quorn, natural yogurt, smoothies (as most fruit in its natural state makes me feel sick), coconut water, water.
Pros: no obvious side effect from cutting out things in my diet and this was because of the natural ingredients included in the detox to counteract that. The detox was pleasant. My water intake increased and i am still drinking lots of it.
Two week on, my skin is not as dry and flaky as it is normally and feels quite smooth.
Cons: uncomfortable bloated stomach, unable to go to the toilet regularly and bouts of nausea which lasted another week, after i had finished the detox.
Would I do another detox like this? NO! I decided that although the detox was tasty and there were some noticeable it was not for me. I am a fairly healthy person, i exercise as and when i need to and have no excessive eating habits or addictions to caffeine, sugar or other so that may be the reason it did not work for me and i did not see much change.
For anyone wanting to try this and who is a newbie to detoxes and diets like me I would suggest maybe the three day detox first to see how your body reacts.
Thank you Easy Detox for the experience.
By Deborah St. Louis - Fashions Finest (CEO)
As you get older I bet you find it harder and harder to sleep at night no matter how tired you are? If this rings true to you these are a few steps I take to make sure that I get good nights sleep at the end of a long week.
1. I make sure my bedroom is clean and I have fresh bed sheets.
2. Large Reed Diffuser- I have to make sure that my bedroom not only looks beautiful but smells beautiful too. To achieve this I use a large reed diffuser tower from Pairfum, my favourite is the Spa fragrance. It smells as if you really are in a Spa, it is so fresh. If you would not like your bedroom smelling like a Spa as I do then they have many other wonderful scents for you to choose from. They last 5-8 months and cost only £35.
3. Trufflesque- I have just discovered a luxury masque called Trufflesque by TEMPLESPA. It gives you an instant youthfulness in the skin. It is made with black summer truffles, gold and silk peptides and a fruit and amino acid cocktail that leave your skin feeling plumper, hydrated, lifted and silky smooth.
When I have applied the masque I honestly feel glamorous because of the sparkly golden colour it is and when taking it off I am always pleased with the results. What I love most about this product is the cute brush it comes with for you to paint the masque on your face. Use this masque once a week and I promise that your face would have never felt better. To feel this good it will cost you £50 for a 75ml pot.
4. Snoreeze- Last of all a few people have mentioned that I have a slight snoring problem (I apparently wake the whole house). This is bad because I even wake myself up snoring. I had to put a stop to this, not just for me but for the rest of my family. I have just started to use Snoreeze I have tried both the oral strips and the throat spray.
They both stop snoring for up to 8 hours and as my family have not complained about my snoring for the past two weeks so they must work. I prefer the oral strips; you just place one on the roof of your mouth and allow it to dissolve. They are £8.50 for a pack of 28. For many people snoring can cause problems in relationships, loud snores in the night and being tired throughout the day is not good for anyone
Use all these steps to guarantee you a good nights sleep after you have had a long week. It does wonders for me and can for you too.
There is nothing better for the soul than sitting around a table enjoying good food, good wine and great company. So, with that soul enriching idea in mind, I organised a dinner party for my friends with an array of freshly prepared and healthy dishes provided by the lovely folks at GoNutritionUK.
My friends and I totally enjoyed all the dishes, as you can see!!
I received 6 meals from the Cutting Meals Hamper
The Cutting Meals Hamper is designed to make dieting easy. All the meals are low in fats, carbohydrate and packed with quality protein. The perfect selection of meals to help you keep trim and lean with less than 300 calories. All ready to eat after a busy day at work.
Here are the dishes we received...
1. Chicken Katsu with Pickled Ginger Greens: This Japanese dish is a flavour sensation, with tender chicken fillet in a lemon herb crumb covered in a tangy katsu sauce, complemented with fresh veg, all finished with chopped coriander and sliced red chilli. Served with pickled ginger greens- Suitable for freezing.
2. Yakitori Beef with Wilted Asian Greens: This Asian inspired dish uses only the finest rump steak, marinated in a sticky glaze and paired with fresh veg along, topped with coriander, spring onions, sesame seeds, and a soy and ginger dressing. Served with wilted Asian greens- Suitable for freezing.
3. Piri Piri Pulled Chicken with Fresh Seasonal Salad: Slow cooked chicken breast is marinated in a spicy piri piri marinade and mixed with fresh baby spinach leaves, spring onion and chilli, all finished with a tangy mango drizzle, grated cheddar and a squeeze of lime, on a bed of fresh seasonal salad- Not Suitable for freezing.
4. BBQ Pulled Pork with Mango Slaw: Succulent BBQ pulled pork is paired with a refreshing mango slaw and complement with sweet corn and pomegranate, topped with a dusting of chopped coriander-Not Suitable for freezing
5. Chicken & Chorizo Bake with Mediterranean Vegetables & Goats Cheese: This cheesy Spanish dish is a taste sensation, with diced chicken and chorizo in a herby tomato sauce, accompanied with courgettes, aubergines and peppers, and topped with creamy goats cheese- Suitable for freezing.
6. Tandoori Salmon with Kale & Mint Salad: Succulent salmon marinated in a tandoori glaze is complemented with fresh kale and cherry tomatoes, all finished with fresh mint and pomegranate seeds- Not Suitable for freezing.
We found every meal to be super healthy and tasty. I would have loved to add some potatoes or rice, because I found the meals to be very meaty. But it was all still very tasty and enjoyable.
My friends loved the pulled pork and devoured that dish with such delight.
The most enjoyable meals, for me, was the Yakitori Beef with Wilted Asian Greens, Tandoori Salmon with Kale & Mint Salad and the Piri Piri Pulled Chicken with Fresh Seasonal Salad.
At first glance it was difficult to know if the food was to be eaten hot or cold and if it could be frozen and eaten the next day. I also initially could not find and the instructions, on the packaging but luckily, I did find it later. So, I contacted the company to find out. They gave me a list of the meals that could be frozen and told me that all the meals can be heated up before eating. (See the instructions in list of meals received).
The only problem with the heating up was, as you will hear in the video, was that some of the meals especially the pulled pork included mango slaw which was not in a separate container so it had to be scooped out then the meat heated and added back to the dish.
If I had to give a score for the company, food and the overall experience I would give it a 10/10 because nothing beats good, yummy healthy food and great friends.
Planning your own spontaneous diner party? do visit www.gonutrition.com and have a look at their Meal Hampers.
Follow them on twitter/Insta @GoNutritionUK
By Deborah St. Louis
· Book Your Lifestyle are hosting one of the beauty industries sort after beauty advent calendars, that will turn your Christmas into a very happy #GLITZMAS.
· Behind every door to the run up to Christmas there will be 24 prizes ranging from spa days, waxes to urban retreats in luxury salons.
· Doors to the Book Your Lifestyles’ GLITZMAS calendar will open on the 1st December, so make sure you visit www.bookyourlifestyle.com and you may be a lucky winner.
· Each entry to the GLITZMAS calendar will receive 20% off their next order on any Book Your Lifestyle participating salons.