You are ready to go with your customer profile, brand tone of voice and inspiration and now you need to determine your range plan.
Mary Dickow is an emerging fashion designer for women clothing. Born and raised in Kenya currently living in Denmark, Mary had a strong passion for art and cloth making when growing up. She did not always know that her great passion and interest would eventually lead her to fashion industry because it was unprecedented and unfamiliar in the community she grew up, in the 80s. As she grew older, her interest of art and cloth making expanded but it was difficult to pursue fashion. It was not a likely career path at schools and so cloth making became something she did aside her studies as a hobby. Watching shows such as Copenhagen fashion week really inspired her. She wanted to develop this passion and turn it into a career. In 2015, she joined Copenhagen Academy of fashion and graduated with a diploma of fashion and design. Here she got an opportunity to amass herself in her crafts. She is now working on her new collection as well as building her brand Mary Dickow Fashion Company that she started in September 2017.
Mary Dickow biggest achievement is to join Britain Top designer Award hosted by Fashions Finest and because of this has recently been interviewed by three local Danish media houses.
Uniting countries, cultures and great minds - Dedicated to all the timeless eccentrics. 'relax baby be cool' is a fashion and lifestyle brand dedicated to all the timeless eccentrics. With a sense of solidarity amongst countries, cultures and passionate visionaries, it's a desire to celebrate the legacy of ancient traditions and historical arts.
Established by Estonian-born mother and daughter creative duo, the upcoming label fuses an assortment of colours and themes inspired by the hidden corners of the World, a collaboration between textile laborers that go back generations, enthusiastic futurists and invaluable helping hands.
Tailor-made, using only high-quality fabrics and mixing them with materials that carry in them stories and legends, emphasizing the importance and the history behind them, all of the pieces are accompanied by the mythical tales portraying the beliefs, the traditions and the way of life of the lost generations.
Beautiful, striking hues and atypical patterns are accentuated through relaxed silhouettes, no-fuss cuts, and timeless clean Northern lines reflecting the label’s aesthetics.
Drawing inspiration from old-school glamour, powerful historical figures, androgynous styles, the Queens and Kings of all times and reminiscing about the times when dressing up was a culture, craftmanship was the highest skill and respect towards culture and art was common sense.
It is timeless class with an edge. dedicated to the curious and the wild, the attention seekers and culture keepers, the bold and the brave.
A little old fashioned, maybe, but then again, so are we. And we are on a mission to keeping these values alive.
All collections are handmade, exclusive and limited due to a definite amount of each print and fabric.
From the henna hands in the bright stalls of Jakarta, in the torn mochila over Singapore and Amsterdam, through the blue eyes of relentless seas with Estonian roots of knowledge and experience, sparked from a situation, ironed with love, touched by the hands of a little magic, and pushed by the mountain.
In the world of Fashion and Beauty some things come across pretty standardised and impersonal. So it's always good to know that there are brands out there that carry alot of personality , and truly do have their end-consumer in mind. The last 5-10 years have witnessed this growing trend of sustainability and social responsibility. Brands that tell a story, one personal to the creator, are definitely winning in my books. These are brands made with love.
So in no particular order -
1. Keji Victoria Designs - a bespoke and Ready-to-wear collection by yours truly, is inspired by my cross-cultural journey between Africa and the West. The latest collection, #madewithlovebykv draws inspiration from the names of locals in Northern Nigeria; as well as pays homage and solidarity to local businesses in that area.
2. Shea Moisture - a hair and beauty brand that has a family history and African heritage: shea butter, a rich home-grown plant is the selling point of this kind-to-the-hair brand.
Sofi Tucker was the forerunner to selling shea butter (that inspired Shea Moisture); and the grandmother to one of the brand's co-founders.
3. The Honest Company, founded by Jessica Alba and Christopher Gavigan, makes pure and harm-free baby products their priority. Once again, the most cherished brands are ones who the owners are also proud consumers of the goods.
4. Alex and Ani - an eco-conscious accessory brand that exists to give back to the planet. What I love about this brand is the recycle qualities in its manufacturing processes. The accessories are made with some recyclable elements, and the aesthetics are not compromised.
5. Studio 189 is a fashion social enterprise founded by Rosario Dawson and Abrima Erwiah. The Ghana and New York based platform works with award-winning artisans in Africa. 'Fashion Rising' has been notable campaign of the brand, which uses fashion to create more opportunities and empowerment for communities particularly in Africa.
6. Two-Thirds clothing brand - takes its brand inspiration from the ocean, which is known to take up two-thirds of the planet. Every collection is designed with lovable sea creatures and donations are made towards keeping our blue seas clean and safe. How lovely!
Can you share any brands in the industry that exist to help their community and make a difference?