There is nothing better for the soul than sitting around a table enjoying good food, good wine and great company. So, with that soul enriching idea in mind, I organised a dinner party for my friends with an array of freshly prepared and healthy dishes provided by the lovely folks at GoNutritionUK.
My friends and I totally enjoyed all the dishes, as you can see!!
I received 6 meals from the Cutting Meals Hamper
The Cutting Meals Hamper is designed to make dieting easy. All the meals are low in fats, carbohydrate and packed with quality protein. The perfect selection of meals to help you keep trim and lean with less than 300 calories. All ready to eat after a busy day at work.
Here are the dishes we received...
1. Chicken Katsu with Pickled Ginger Greens: This Japanese dish is a flavour sensation, with tender chicken fillet in a lemon herb crumb covered in a tangy katsu sauce, complemented with fresh veg, all finished with chopped coriander and sliced red chilli. Served with pickled ginger greens- Suitable for freezing.
2. Yakitori Beef with Wilted Asian Greens: This Asian inspired dish uses only the finest rump steak, marinated in a sticky glaze and paired with fresh veg along, topped with coriander, spring onions, sesame seeds, and a soy and ginger dressing. Served with wilted Asian greens- Suitable for freezing.
3. Piri Piri Pulled Chicken with Fresh Seasonal Salad: Slow cooked chicken breast is marinated in a spicy piri piri marinade and mixed with fresh baby spinach leaves, spring onion and chilli, all finished with a tangy mango drizzle, grated cheddar and a squeeze of lime, on a bed of fresh seasonal salad- Not Suitable for freezing.
4. BBQ Pulled Pork with Mango Slaw: Succulent BBQ pulled pork is paired with a refreshing mango slaw and complement with sweet corn and pomegranate, topped with a dusting of chopped coriander-Not Suitable for freezing
5. Chicken & Chorizo Bake with Mediterranean Vegetables & Goats Cheese: This cheesy Spanish dish is a taste sensation, with diced chicken and chorizo in a herby tomato sauce, accompanied with courgettes, aubergines and peppers, and topped with creamy goats cheese- Suitable for freezing.
6. Tandoori Salmon with Kale & Mint Salad: Succulent salmon marinated in a tandoori glaze is complemented with fresh kale and cherry tomatoes, all finished with fresh mint and pomegranate seeds- Not Suitable for freezing.
We found every meal to be super healthy and tasty. I would have loved to add some potatoes or rice, because I found the meals to be very meaty. But it was all still very tasty and enjoyable.
My friends loved the pulled pork and devoured that dish with such delight.
The most enjoyable meals, for me, was the Yakitori Beef with Wilted Asian Greens, Tandoori Salmon with Kale & Mint Salad and the Piri Piri Pulled Chicken with Fresh Seasonal Salad.
At first glance it was difficult to know if the food was to be eaten hot or cold and if it could be frozen and eaten the next day. I also initially could not find and the instructions, on the packaging but luckily, I did find it later. So, I contacted the company to find out. They gave me a list of the meals that could be frozen and told me that all the meals can be heated up before eating. (See the instructions in list of meals received).
The only problem with the heating up was, as you will hear in the video, was that some of the meals especially the pulled pork included mango slaw which was not in a separate container so it had to be scooped out then the meat heated and added back to the dish.
If I had to give a score for the company, food and the overall experience I would give it a 10/10 because nothing beats good, yummy healthy food and great friends.
Planning your own spontaneous diner party? do visit www.gonutrition.com and have a look at their Meal Hampers.
Follow them on twitter/Insta @GoNutritionUK
By Deborah St. Louis