The dreary grey and damp days are fast becoming a thing of the past never to be thought of again, well at least not during the 3 months of glorious sunny summer days. With those sunny days comes summer parties, barbeques and lounging evenings of wine and laughter. So to be sure that you are ready for all your social engagements here are a few killer outfits for any occasion to get you through the summer social season.
For a mid-morning brunch date with the girls, you just want to get up and go, so slip into a Maxi dress, Green floral print tie waist wrap front maxi dress, wavy beach hair, slip on mules and your handbag. No hassle no fuss, because you do not want anything to come between you and your mid-morning Prosecco.
Maxi dress @ www.newlook.com,shoes @ www.newlook.com, bag @ www.riverisland.com
Just because it is a backyard BBQ it does not mean that you cannot look good. So Ditch the cut-off denims and go for an African inspired look, with sunset and sand-dune colors. Slip into this Orange embroidered trim tie front slip dress pairing it with these jewel embellished animal print sandals.
Hair Band @ www.uk.accessorize.com, sunglasses @ dress and sandals @ www.newlook.com, bag @ www.primark.com
Date night calls for something romantic with a touch of sexy. With just the right appeal, the white split front floral print pencil skirt with a white lace camisole and red strappy heels.
White cami @ www.phase-eight.com , shoes @ www.littlewoodsireland.ie, clutch bag @ www.dunelondon.com, Pencil skirt @ www.newlook.com
Lounging next to a pool calls for something chic and cool like the orange lace Bardot top and white lace shorts.
Hat & sunglasses @ www.primark.com shoes & tote bag www.newlook.com, Bardot top & shorts @ www.newlook.com
Soak up the sun in this a fuss-free look, a swimsuit is the perfect starting point, and tropical playsuit to go from sea and sand to your favorite lunch spot, paired with lace-up pom-pom sandals, sun hat, sleek sunnies and hold all tote for all your essentials.
Bag, hat & sunglasses @ www.primark.com, sandals @ www.newlook.com, bikini @ www.next.co.uk, playsuit @ www.newlook.com
For some more Sexy Outfit inspirations read on Bringing Sexy Back & for an update on your Festival Hair accessories- Ditch the flower crown
“We are going on a summer holiday, la, la, la!!! “ Yes!! That exciting summer holiday is looming, time for some valuable “you time”.
The only snag is deciding what to pack. You have your suitcase ready and all your favorite holiday pieces from last year along with the new stuff you bought, is laid out on the bed and you are trying to figure out how on earth are you going to get it all into one suitcase.
I sense that there is a bit of panic, but there is no need to panic. All you need is a bit of skilful organizing and voila!!
Here is some basic tips for you to follow;
1. Make a list, write down each day of your trip and what you have planned to do on that day, lunch, sightseeing, sport or just lying on the beach or next to the pool. Now for each of these activities jot down what you want to wear, as this will show you what you can wear, for example the same pair of trouser, dress or skirt, can you wear it at least twice during your holiday. This will leaves more space in your suitcase.
2. Now with your list, lay out all your pieces and see how each pieces co-ordinates with another pieces. Do not take any pieces that does not match any of the items that you have picked and laid out. For example do not take that bright green top if you are not taking anything that matches with it.
3. Mixing colours is perfect for summer but you do not need to take all the colours in your wardrobe, just pack the key pieces that you know you can mix and match.
4. Keep your trousers and jackets in neutral shades like white, cream, navy and denim as it make is easier to match your tops.
5. Economise on space by putting items like shower gel into smaller containers or folding/rolling clothes neatly, as you might need space for items that you bought on your holidays.
6. Pack your shoes, like 1 pair of heels, sandals and flip flops, at the bottom of your suitcase and use the corners of your suitcase for small items like underwear.
7. Take at least one or two scarves, as you can wear it as a mini skirt over your bikini or as a turban to protect your hair from sun damage
Now that your suitcase is packed, all that is left, is for you to start counting down the days to your sun holiday.
Are you looking to update your wardrobe with clothes that are fashionable but functional? And by that we mean clobber that’s bang on trend and manages to keep you cool on those hot summer nights. Well, you’ve come to the right place. Here’s some inspiration that will point you in the right direction when shopping for summer.
Evening Maxi Dresses
It’s all very well wearing a cute vest top paired with shorts to go down the beach, but that just won’t do for the evening. Why? Well, it’s a bit casual for one, and two, that’s what maxi dresses are for! These dresses are the ultimate way to amp up the glamour without looking too overdone.
Say hello to a gorgeous belted ombre dress. This orange number will cinch you in at the waist, and with a floor sweeping length, you’re certain to feel elegant for an evening of al fresco dining. The chiffon material is lightweight, making it the perfect dress to wear on a sweltering summer night. Why not accentuate the beautiful bandeau neckline with a statement necklace? You’re sure to look divine.
Belted Ombre Maxi Dress: £60 at Jane Norman
Going Out Dresses
Are you going out for a strawberry daiquiri (or five!) and a dance? Then you’ll no doubt want to wear something a bit dressier. Swap that maxi dress for a short but sophisticated going out dress; you can’t let loose on the dance floor in a to-the-floor number now, can you?!
This slinky lace dress is the ultimate party dress this summer. The stunning scalloped trim and lace detail makes for a winning choice to wear out on the town, and with a below the knee length, it’s not too short.
With thin straps and a cross over back, this dress is a must have for the upcoming sunny season. And best of all, you can choose from eye-catching pink or classic black – let’s face it, everyone loves a little black dress!
Strappy Lace Dress: £30 at Jane Norman
Named after the fashion icon Brigitte Bardot, it’s no wonder bardot tops are making a comeback this summer. Why? Well it’s a stylish staple for SS15 that exposes a bit more skin that’s subtly risqué, so if you’re looking for an evening top, a bardot top is your best bet.
Effortlessly create a super sassy look with an off-the-shoulder top that flaunts an attractive sweetheart neckline. Team with skinny jeans, plus a pair of killer heels, and you’ll be good to go.
Embrace sixties style by introducing this timeless essential to your summer wardrobe and not only will you look flirty and feminine, you’ll feel cool in the balmy evening with those shoulders out.
Sweetheart Off the Shoulder Top: £25 at Jane Norman
So, there you have it. Now you know what summer staples to incorporate into your wardrobe to be on trend this season. Are you interested in adding these key pieces to your collection? Then look no further than Jane Norman. Here you’ll find fashion-forward clothing, shoes and accessories for women who love to stay up-to-the-minute with trends.