Date night are special but when it comes to a Valentine's day date it just becomes extra special and dressing up for it becomes mayhem. Because, you do not want to spend too much money on buying a whole new outfit so, to take the stress out of choosing an outfit I have rounded up 10 of my favourite items that is worth the splurge and will go with anything else you might have in your closet.
1. Love these Mom jeans, from Miss Selfridge, with its frill detail in light denim, it is ideal for a low key, movie and a burger date.
Frill mum jeans @ £52.00 Miss Selfridge
2. Pair your Mum jeans with these cute Stripe Kitten Heel Slingbacks, from Miss Selfridge Updating it from casual to chic casual. Throw on a graphic logo t-shirt and a cropped leather jacket and you are set to go.
Black and white stripe kitten heels @ £49.00 Miss Selfridge
3. For that something sexy slip on this sexy number, the Pink Geometric Lace Bodysuit, from New Look, with its flattering V neckline, supporting cross strap front and all over lace. It will leave you looking and feeling sexy.
Pink lace body suit @ £19.99 New Look
4. Going on a date that requires you to dress a bit more smart, then throw on this Red tailored dress, from New Look, with its front cross over and tucked in detail. Drawing attention to your décolletage and slimming your waistline.
Tailored red dress @ New Look
5. Need a sassy pair of heels to complete your look then go with these black spotted suede ankle strap stilleto heels from Dune London.
Velvet ankle strap spotty stilleto's @ £135 Dune London
5. Something short and playful, the Petite Green Stripe Wrap Frill Hem Dress, from River Island, is just that short, playful and sexy.
Green stripe wrap dress with frill hem @ River Island
6. Pair this Dusty Pink frill top, from New Look, with a pair of skinny high waisted jeans, heel ankle boots dinner and drinks or a pair cute flats for a more casual look.
Dusty pink frill detail top @ New Look
7. You both really into fitness and are going all out on a sporty but fun date then the Green and Black Palm leaf print leggings and crop,from top will be a match made in heaven.
Palm leaf print leggings and crop top @ New Look
8. Staying in cuddling on the sofa then a fancy sleep set like the this slinky floral and lace sleepwear set from Ted Baker at Debehams will turn a night on the sofa into a romantic rendezvous.
Ted Baker - silk and lace sleepwear @ Debenhams
9. So, he is taking you to a music gig and you need someting to update your rock star look, then the sleek pair of Black faux leather tapered trousers, from River Island will be a winner.
Faux leather trousers @ £55.00 River Island
10.Planning a stay-in galentines night with your BFF's with some girly pampering, Prosecco and chocolate then the Heart Nightshirt, Heart Bralette and Frill shorts, from Primark will be the perfect ensemble for a night of girly love.
Heart night shirt £11 , Heart bralette £8 and frill shorts £9 @ Primark (penny's)
As we make our way through the start of a new year, it's time to step up on those new years' resolutions.
Peter Twiss established his eponymous label in 2009 and has been steadily building and refining the brand to become a truly sustainable business.
Vuliwear® was born from inspiration. Like most unique creative ideas or concepts, they are uncharted territory and require vision, persistence and passion to come to fruition.
This season's accessories and beauty trends are to die for. As we explore the adventures of being a non- conformist. This editorial captures the very essence of being bold and free while baring all that lies beneath.
Photo Credit: Photography- Shola Ajisegbede | @sholaajisegbede for Sniper Ajix Photography | @sniper_ajix
Model- Blessing Obila | @mz_basilia
MakeUp- Temitope | @adella_makeup
HairStylist- Tony Aigbogun | @beautyace7
Styleing & accessorries - Maryanne Alabi | @mayreejay
Location- The Range, Lagos Nigeria
Written by Maryanne Alabi
There’s nothing better, than finding something you have a natural flair and passion for – and then in turn, have the potential to turn that gift, into a lucrative career.
UGG is one of the oldest boots that were discovered in the mid 1950s and ever since then, they have remained to be a best-selling accessory of all time.
From clothing that was seen as athlete-exclusive, to something your mom will wear on her busy days, and then finally a step further to something international celebrities will rock on the streets to show off their laid-back attitude, class, and healthy lifestyle. Activewear, or athleisure, is a trend that has been on the rise for quite some time now, and it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere. We just can’t get enough of it. It’s comfort and style combined, it’s high fashion paired with practicality, so is it any wonder that we’re fully embracing this new direction?
This is the trend to follow right now, so let’s chat about how it was influenced, and what’s the most popular way to rock it today.
1. It Girls Sashy Down The Highstreet
From the moment she became a Victoria’s Secret Angel, Gigi Hadid became a relentless gym-goer and healthy lifestyle supporter. We saw her in everything from sexy little purple training bra paired with faux leather leggings, to downright graceful and delicate black ballet leotard paired with a lush grey coat and a big handbag. With some comfy footwear and sassy sunglasses on, she’s giving us life every time we see her leaving the gym.
Kendall Jenner doesn’t lag far behind her bestie either, and her look for the Milan Fashion Week this September was an incredibly successful mix of glamour and chic comfort. An oversized, shoulder-baring white sweater paired with an Adidas-like cropped pants? This girl is killing it with her fashion game. The perfect blend of slouchy and sleek gave her that cool vibe that we’re all longing for.
Take it from the A-lister ladies, this trend is the new version of effortless chic, and look at Gigi, Kendall, Selena Gomez, and even the Duchess of Cambridge for inspiration.
2. Queen Bey Comes To Rule The Gym
Look, if Beyoncé is loving a trend, then we’re all for it. With her last year’s launch of Ivy Park clothing line and the idea that athleisure is there to celebrate every woman’s body, we’re seeing a significant spike in activewear movement. Pretty little crop tops, simple black and white prints, and giant hoodies are Bey’s go-to ideas for her own line, and we’re loving the casual, soft feel of everything.
Pair slim leggings and a baggy crop top, put on a colorful headband, and you’ll be looking as fierce as our queen.
3. Rihanna Slays It With Puma
After her incredible success with Fenty Beauty, Rihanna seems to be fully embracing body-positivity, and activewear is definitely something that is meant to fit everyone. She paired up with Puma and the collection we’re seeing has this wonderfully retro feel that we’re absolutely loving at the moment. Velour tracksuits, varsity sweaters, turtleneck crop tops, and a bunch of biker shorts, French-cut racy swimsuits, scuba suits, and all of this in bright neon colors.
If you want crazy, if you want color, this is the thing for you, because it ties in fashion with fun, it’s bold, it’s unique, and definitely attention-grabbing.
4. How To Pull It Off Like A Celebrity
Whether you’re a busy lady with a million things to do in a day, or just someone who loves their fashion to be both high-class and comfortable, activewear is probably one of the easiest things to pull off. You just have to let yourself go there, you have to embrace the slouchy, sexy feel of effortless beauty. Gigi Hadid’s combo of all-pink tracksuit and a coat is perfect for a feminine lady who wants some romance in her outfit, and we’re definitely seeing a trend of blue and orange peeking out on the runways for the next year’s season.
Don’t be afraid to make it all more fun though, that’s the greatest thing about this trend. You take something simple, comfy, and then you can feel free to go crazy and get a watercolor splatter print, or something with jungle motives. Ombre looks and geometric designs are also really in.
Embrace the relaxed ease of this trend, ladies! While you’re stocking up on some cute athleisure, why not renew your gym membership and really start enjoying the whole lifestyle?
Written by Sophia Smith
Date Night - something you’ve been looking forward to all week. Excitement, nervousness and maybe even a little confusion has been running through your mind.
The Erdem x H&M collection is on trend and very wearable old English style with jacquard and frills, feminine dresses decorated flowers and Victorian white blouses and so much more.
Shop the collection soon on H&M