I am obsessed with tea, most of the women in my family are. It seems to keep me warm in the winter yet keep me cool in the summer. There is virtually nothing that having a cup of tea will not solve or at least I like to think there isn’t. I imagine that with every sip my problem gets that little bit smaller. So when I was given the opportunity to review Quinteassential’s award winning White Elixir tea I jumped at the chance. The tea is said to promote a smooth complexion and inner glow. It is a white tea infused with Jasmine flowers, gingko leaves and spirulina algae. The Jasmine and gingko complement each other exceedingly well and it contains the perfect amount of Jasmine.
When made the tea has a wonderful aroma and it tastes amazing when you have it both hot and cold. I suggest that when you buy it, you try it both ways. White Elixir tea is what I would use to impress a lunch date or my Mother on the morning of her birthday. This tea is bound to brighten up anyone’s day and comes well presented in a posh colourful box that is suitable to give as a gift to even your fussiest of friends. It really is the perfect tea for all tea lovers.
How to make White Elixir tea:
1. Boil Kettle
2. Scoop one teaspoon of loose tea and place in one of the tea bags
3. Close teabag with one of the sticks provided
4. Pour boiled water over teabag and leave to brew for two minutes
5. Sip tea and relax
Written by Hayley Sweeney
The first day of the New Year we all make the resolution to stay fit. We do all the healthy eating and drinking for the first few months then we get bored off it. Come spring and we start to peel of the layers of winter and the looming of summer and that beach holiday, it becomes crunch time. With the bikini beach body becoming our goal so we try and fit in as much exercise and healthy eating as we can.
Some of my own favourite beach body workouts are from the Popsugar fitness channel on youtube www.youtube.com I love the high intensity 10 minute workouts that you can fit in any time of the day. Workout ranges from yoga, boot-camp workouts and HIIT workouts. You can easily fit these workouts in anytime of the day especially if you are on crunch time. I like to switch things up so I do not get bored so I focus on just arms for one week and then switch over to just legs and then a whole week of full body workouts and then adding in yoga for strength and stretching.
Get your bikini body on in Active wear from Forever 21, at least you will look good while building up a sweat
Another of my picks for post workout is Cleanse water
Benefits of Cleanse Water
• Lemon juice and cayenne pepper are both immune boosters and natural detoxifiers
• Lemons aid digestion, help fight hunger cravings, and help stimulate the liver to remove toxins
• Cayenne pepper helps the body sweat out toxins while improving blood and lymphatic circulation so your cells get more nutrients
I always start my workout with a cup (not a full cup as it can be a bit hot) of cayenne pepper on hot water then enjoy the lemon, ginger, cayenne pepper and honey mix throughout the day.
With summer just a few weeks away, here are some helpful tips for eating healthy at the office.
1. Go for water rather than coffee Swap H20 for Coffee, I suggest taking with you to work the cayenne pepper, honey and ginger water or make your own fruit infused water.
2. It is often just easier to eat at your desk when you are supper busy but never eat at your desk. You can never really enjoy your food and do not feel like you are eating so later on you reward yourself with something sweet and nice. Go sit in the office eating space or go out to the park that way you are adding some exercise by walking.
3. It's okay to have just that one sweet treat, because telling yourself that you cannot have it will just make you crave it more and its then that we overindulge. So have the one but only the one.
4. Pack your own lunch it will not just safe you money but as you are on crunch time you will make sure that it is healthy.
5. Snack on nuts like Pistachios as they will keep you full until home time.
Good luck ladies!! Crunch time is not what I would recommend for a fit and healthy summer body but every little helps. What is best, is just to stick to that New Year's resolution, keep fit and healthy throughout the year for a killer summer body.
Over the Bank Holiday weekend i went along to Be:Fit London, the only women's fitness show in town!
I'm not exactly a health freak but i have been in the Gym recently trying to get sexy for the summer so I figured it worth coming down to see if I could get some tips.
I attended Be:fit London last year but other than that i am a Fitness expo virgin so i didn't know what to expect.
Last year I had a blast but the only complaint i had was there wasn't as much venders as I expected and the venue was kind of small (Even if it was nice to be by the river). That wouldn't be an issue this year as Be:fit was now in a new location the Design and Business centre; and I am happy to say there was loads of different brands to meet, as well as a wide range of fitness classes to join in, expert talks, cooking demos, etc.
I loved that there was also dedicated chill-out areas, where you could go hang out and regroup when it gets a bit too over whelming.
In all I had a lovely time but I wish I allowed myself more time there as there was so much to see, taste, and demo.
Did you get to attend Be:fit London over the weekend?
What were your thoughts?