Time flies, and whether we like it or not, we have to accept the fact that we're not getting any younger.
Fashions Finest welcomes Emily Alexandra Cosmetics as their latest sponsors for their SS season taking place on the 14th of September 2019 at the Congress Hall, 28 Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3LS.
Makeup is an integral part of almost every woman’s life, no matter how much she says that she hates it. It’s used to cover blemishes and other imperfections, and also to enhance all the good features. But to do during hot summer days when wearing too much makeup cause clogged pores and other skin issues? Or if you’re simply into a more natural look? Well, in that case, there are other ways that will help you look radiant without wearing layers of foundation, so if you’re planning to ditch all the unnecessary makeup, here are some tips to still look great with little to no makeup:
1. BB cream is your friend
Everyone knows the importance of covering skin imperfections, and many also turn to heavy foundation for help. But, in fact, using the BB cream will make your skin look even, soft and covered, while also being nourishing. This is especially important if you have acne-prone skin, since in that case, using foundation can clog your pores and make your skin look worse. What’s even better, many BB creams also contain some level of SPF which is great if you spend your days outside. The only downside to BB creams is lack of diversity, considering that foundations often come in many tones.
2. Take care of your skin
If you truly want to rock minimal makeup look, you need to make sure that your skin is clean and moisturized. That’s why it’s important to remove all traces of makeup before going to bed and use a night cream or oil, so your skin will have a chance to rest and get nourished during the night. Similarly, removing all traces of night cream and sweat in the morning is a great way to prep your face for the day ahead. Keeping your skin in good condition is the only real prerequisite if you want to wear little to no makeup.
3. Use highlighter for more glamorous look
Highlighter can freely be considered a godsend among all makeup products, since it is the main product responsible for adding glow to the face. It is mostly applied on cheekbones, but some women also prefer to wear it on the bridge of the nose, centre of the forehead and above the cupid’s bow. So, if your skin is light to fair, then it’s better to choose icy silver or champagne those, and in case your skin tone is medium to olive, then it’s advisable to stick to golden-bronze shades. And for deeply dark skin tones, it’s much more recommended to use rose gold or bronze since pearly tones can make the skin look dull.
4. Apply some bronzer for the sun-kissed glow
As you probably know, bronzer is one of the go-to products if you want to achieve sun-kissed summery look. Now, considering that contouring has become popular, many are still confused by bronzer, so it’s often used it for the wrong reasons. That’s why it’s important to choose the bronzer that will make you look like you’ve spent the whole day lying in the sun. Australian women know it best, so that’s why they choose creamy bronzers as their go-to product whenever they want to add a bit of shimmer to their face. Therefore, it’s no surprise that there are many various bronzer shades and brands so any woman ordering makeup online from Australia can easily find her favourite bronzer and other related products.
5. Opt for natural tones
Any makeup guru will tell you that, if you want to master no makeup look, you need to stick to natural colours similar to your original skin tone. That way your whole face will look even and radiant, and you won’t need to experiment with various colours. Instead, stick with what looks natural on your face, almost like you have no makeup at all. Light pink, sand and peach colours are all great choices for natural look, and try to steer away from too much mascara, especially if you already have long and thick eyelashes.
In conclusion, wearing little to no makeup is achievable, but before you opt for this look, you need to take care and nurture your skin. Also, always remember that less is more, so instead of using every makeup product, just use those that will help you cover your imperfections and accentuate the positives.
That long-awaited heatwave is finally here and combating the tossing and turning at night, frizz-hair and sweaty skin are just a few of things we have to deal with. Need a solution? Well we can help with these super pick of the day, best heatwave slumber essentials – perfect for any nightstand.
- SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Yogurt Hydrate + Repair Multi-Action Leave in, £10.99, Boots. Don’t let humidity frizz your hair – this brand-new treatment banishes frizz, breakage and fortifies hair. Spray before bed onto clean hair.
- Too Cool For School Coconut Milky Mist, £18.50, Boots - Formulated with 87% pure Brazilian coconut water, packed with essential minerals and vitamins, this moisturising mist quickly replenishes hydration anytime, anywhere. Spritz anytime you feel hot in bed, for instant relief.
- Too Cool For School Pumpkin Sleeping Pack, £18.50. Don’t let the humidity, fans and aircon dry out your skin. This all-in-one nighttime moisturiser and intensive overnight sleeping mask hybrid works wonders for your damaged, dull, dry skin while you sleep, by mildly exfoliating and scuffing away dead skin cells. It provides hydration, supports elasticity, and creates a soothing effect.
- Embryolisse Radiant Eye, £21, Cult Beauty. Really can’t catch some zzz’s? As soon as you open your eues in the morning, apply the MUA secret under your lids. The cooling and rejuvenating stick has both instant and long-term benefit, boosting-radiance and brightening the eye area while the blend of sugar derivatives and aloe vera combine to moisturise and refine skin texture.
- Morning Glamour Set of 2 Pillowcases, £24.99, www.makeupbox-ldn.co.uk - Non-absorbent unlike cotton pillowcases, helping your skin and hair maintain moisture on hot evenings. Also reduces frizz, breakage and wrinkles.
Indulge Beauty Dubbed the ‘UK’s answer to Sephora’, are offering up to 30% off the full South Korean range, innovative products in funky packaging that's bound to liven up your beauty regime.
Lilibeth of New York have long been known to produce the best in brow care. The luxury Brow Shaper is the perfect tool for the perfect brows.
We cant's stop raving about the SheaMoisture new bath and body range packed with healing frankincense and myrrh that hit the UK high street recently. And keeping to it's ethical approach it continues aiding in the development of the women’s co-ops in Ghana, ensuring elevated wages and opportunities for the female-only Shea Butter makers.