If you are someone who likes to experiment with hair and worries about the hair getting damaged, then this article is for you. We are introducing you to Olaplex hair products that allows you experiment and style your hair without causing damage. When colouring the hair, you can go directly from jet black to blonde or ash grey. Sometimes, over-bleaching the hair can causes damage. Olaplex hair products help to control or rewind that damage. Olaplex have eight-step technology that repairs the damaged hair that is regularly coloured. It restores the shine & strength for all types of hair textures, whether you have coloured it or not.
These products are used in the Salon also they have products that we can use at home.
What Is Olaplex Treatment?
Olaplex is a multi-step treatment for hair strengthening that rebuilds disulfide bonds within the hair that are damaged or broken because hair is chemically treated or high heat is used to style. It has Steps 0-7 all the bottles are numbered. Steps 1 & 2 needs to be used as part of your in-salon services and the rest of the steps can be use at home. Below are the steps separately for Salon and home so that you can follow it easily.
The Steps To Be Followed In Salon:
- Olaplex Step 1: It is a bond multiplier which needs to be used by professionals in the Salon. It is used whencolouring the hair, you can mix it directly with the bleach, or use it directly on the hair in foils.
- Olaplex Step 2: It’s a bond perfector used on hair when you have rinsed out bleach. It needs to be left on the hair for a good 20 minutes so that it can do its job of repairing the bonds.
The Steps To Be Followed At Home:
- Olaplex Step 0: Intensive bond-building treatment used at home to prime the hair for perfect and maximum absorption needs to be followed by Olaplex number 3. It has the highest concentration of olaplex’s patented molecule, which is Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate. This step 0 is specially formulated to intensify the step 3 treatment of strengthening and repair of hair which is damaged from chemical, thermal, mechanical as well as environmental problems using Olaplex hair products. So for long-lasting and locked in results, please use olaplex’s number 3 in a generous amount after using step 0, once it is rinsed.
- Olaplex step 3: Hair perfector is recommended to use at least once a week. If your hair is severely damaged, then it can be used 2-3 times a week. This needs to be used before you have shampooed and conditioned our hair. Make sure your hair is dampened and combed evenly before applying. You can use 1-3 teaspoon and leave it on hair for a good 20-30 min, or you can even use it overnight for the best result, the choice is yours.
- Olaplex step 4: It is for bond maintenance shampoo which you can replace with the regular shampoo that is used. It will help keep your hair hydrated and retain the strength with every wash.
- Olaplex step 5: It is a bond maintenance conditioner; it is the final step in the treatment to hydrate, strengthen, and smoothen your hair. For the best result, it is recommended to use it for 3 min before rinsing.
- Olaplex step 6: This is used as a smoothening cream to be applied on damp hair after each wash. It will help to eliminate the frizz from your hair which was chemically treated. You can even style your hair after application.
- Olaplex step 7: Its bonding oil which helps restore the lost shine and liveliness of your hair without that oily or greasy residue on it. It also helps to rebuild and strengthen the bonds of your hair which got damaged in chemical treatment or hair colour. It just helps to keep your hair nourished and healthier for a longer period.
If you are thinking about colouring your hair in the future, contact your salon and can ask them if they would be happy to use this product as you will really see the difference when step 1 & 2 is used.
We can certainly vouch that these products would be useful for long-term use.
It should be no surprise to hear that wigs are estimated to become a 5 billion-pound global industry by 2024.
Lockdown has got many of us opting for hair-cuts that mean less maintenance and with talks of a potential second wave, meaning colour appointments and touch-ups may be harder to come by.
With the hair salons closed and everyone on locked in their homes, lots of ladies will be wondering how to maintain their hair. So we decided to call upon on hair specialist Claire Martin to provide some simple tips especially for all the natural Afro hair ladies so they can keep their hair moisturised and looking good all lockdown long.
Curly hair has always on trend, but in 2020 the runaways across the world were adorned with big, bouncy, bountiful 80s style curls from tightly-coiled perms to wavy locks.
Hairdresser Hannah Wardman has been trying to get some ideas together for you guys to look after your hair whilst we’re on lockdown. Here are some suggestions and tips to help you get by.
If you already have salon Treatments in get these treatments on at least once a week.
Image source: Unsplash
- To help these treatments be more intense, put a towel In The microwave for 30 seconds and wrap around the hair. The heat will make the treatment more intense.
- You can leave the treatments on for a minimum of 15 minutes but if you want to leave it on longer feel free.
Image source: Unsplash
Image source: Unsplash
However, if you don’t already have treatments in, it’s now going to be hard for you to get your hands on as all salons are temporarily closed. So on to the next part, which may sound strange to a lot of you but it does actually work!
If your hair is feeling dry and brittle then a good temporary homemade treatment (temporary being the operative word) is egg whites. That’s correct you heard her right EGG WHITES. Egg whites are full of protein and protein is what our hair is lacking when it’s feeling dry and damaged, so this is a great way to get protein straight back into the hair! To do the egg white treatment what you will need to do is:
1. Rinse the hair
2. Separate the egg white from the yolk and use the egg whites only. Apply the egg whites evenly all over the hair. Leave on for a least 10minutes but you can always leave it on for longer!
3. Rinse the egg whites then shampoo your hair twice and condition your hair like normal giving your hair a good comb through with a tangle teaser with the conditioner on.
4. Rinse conditioner and the Treatment is done.
Do this treatment once a week to start with until the hair starts to feel better. Once the hair starts feeling better then reduce the amount of times you do the treatment, as you don’t want to put too much protein in your hair. Too much protein could result in going back to square one.
No EGGageration this works and it’s a good way to help your hair until salons are back open and products and treatments are available for you to buy!
Unfortunately, there’s not a lot we can do regards to colours whilst we’re on lockdown, but getting your hair in good condition will really help, so when we are all back up and running your colour will look even more fabulous if the conditioner feels amazing too!!
People who have silvery/ashy/grey tones in their hair you may feel these tones have faded out or gone brassy. If you have a silver/purple shampoo (preferably salon bought) rinse your hair well then apply this evenly all over your hair and leave in for at least 10minutes and this will act like a toner. This will help blonde hair get rid of any unnecessary brassy tones.
If your wanting a more silvery/grey affect leave the silver/purple shampoo on for longer. There’s no need to do this every time you wash your hair unless you feel necessary, as some people find the the purple/silver shampoo can dry their hair out. But if your doing treatments along-side this then your hair should be fine.
I know the colour will be the main thing to a lot of people but unfortunately there is not a lot we can do about that whilst lockdown goes on and I can only stress PLEASE DO NOT HOME DYE. Home dyes can potentially ruin your hair or will make the colour process a lot harder for us when you do come back to salon. This could mean that you won’t get the results your wanting or potentially having to spend even more money on your hair when salons are back open to correct your colour and get it back to how you want it! They contain totally different ingredients to our colour products, which can result in strange reactions when it comes to us colouring your hair again! And what it says on the packet IS NOT always how it turns out!
Whilst we’re on lockdown we’re not seeing people so let your hair be natural. If your one to straighten it all the time or always apply heat, then this is a time for our hair to be left in its natural state whilst we are stuck in! Along with the treatments, applying less heat will also help the condition of our hair. The condition of our hair is everything!! And if the condition is fabulous the colour WILL be fabulous when we are allowed to get our hands back on it!!!
The phrase behind this whole pandemic is BE KIND!! Let’s apply this to our hairs too and BE KIND...... Thank you for taking the time out to read this .... Love, Peace and Afro grease!!!
What do all women crave? Luscious, healthy-looking hair but hormonal changes post pregnancy or during the menopause can sometimes cause hair loss and leave ladies in despair at their thinning or lifeless hair.