Sustainable designs are the main focus of Radley London and its Radley Responsible collection. This Summer, the brand's 'Earth, we’re by your side' campaign proposes new accessory lines joining its eco evolution.
Radley Responsible collection, launched in October 2020, is at the centre of a wider strategy across the business and supply chain to reduce environmental impact, create lasting, positive change and ultimately become a carbon zero business. Radley London stands for the planet, for our planet for all people. Radley London’s sustainable journey is about producing the highest quality handbags and accessories that are ethically produced, by continuing to adhere to earth-friendly practices. Being smart with resources - from sourcing sustainable fabrics and packaging to using overstock materials instead of brand new. Buying well and buying less - every piece is made to last and when looked after properly, a timeless and thoughtfully designed Radley London bag can be worn and enjoyed for years to come.
Radley London’s Key Sustainability Achievements:
- Carbon emissions have been reduced by 50% since 2018 – they are now less than a quarter of the global average for a company of their size.
- Packaging is currently made of 75% recycled material, with the aim of being 90% recycled and recyclable by 2023.
- All partner suppliers are subject to a comprehensive yearly audit to ensure the supply chain is as transparent as possible. This involves making sure they meet Radley London’s (high) bar for environmental as well as ethical and social standards.
- They only source from Leather Working Group (LWG) accredited tanneries, 95% of which are at gold standard. This helps to ensure leather is produced ethically and in the right way, using the correct dyes and process and managing water usage. They have worked passionately to improve environmental practices at all stages of the supply chain. The ‘Best in Class’ standard ensures that water treatment and chemical usage doesn’t cause damage to the environment - either directly or indirectly.
- The Design Team is committed to reducing their carbon footprint with every style they dream up and use overstock material wherever possible.
About The Collections
Radley London’s ‘Earth, We’re by Your Side’ campaign is running across online channels, as well as dedicated window displays in the London and Glasgow stores. Radley Responsible collection has grown every season into a range of wonderful prints and colours, with a style for every occasion. The bags are expertly crafted using materials including recycled polyester - made from plastic bottles destined for landfill - and water-based PU, which produces 60% fewer emissions than oil-based PU and is far cleaner for the environment.
Joining the Radley Responsible range this season are the Pocket Essentials collection, Finsbury Park Quilt and Finsbury Park Geo Dog Jacquard collections, the Summertown multiway bag, and the Maple Cross Folk Floral collection.
The Pocket Essentials collection is made with recycled polyester: featuring new styles and colours, the popular design is still instantly recognisable with the signature exterior curved slip pockets and metal Scottie detail. The new Folk Floral design on the coated canvas Maple Cross - crafted using BCI-accredited cotton and recycled coating - incorporates whimsical patterns, warm autumnal shades and includes a useful internal laptop sleeve on all totes and backpacks.
The best-selling Summerstown is revamped for the new season and features patchwork detailing made with the finest surplus leather – to ensure nothing is wasted. All of the leathers Radley London uses is a by-product of the food industry and sourced from LWG (Leather Working Group) accredited tanneries, 95% of which are at gold standard. This helps to ensure none of the manufacturing processes negatively impact the environment.
The Radley Design team have also updated the Finsbury Park collection - made with recycled polyester - now with the signature Geo quilting in a new seasonal shade of Merlot. In addition, the premium weaved Geo Dog Jacquard version features a Scottie silhouette and a new curved shoulder bag shape, among others.
- Finsbury Park Quilt collection includes totes, backpacks and cross-body bags (£89 - £149).
- Finsbury Park Geo Dog Jacquard collection includes totes, multiway, backpacks, shoulder and cross-body bags (£89-£169).
- Maple Cross Folk Floral collection includes totes, multiway, backpacks and cross-body bags (£89 - £129).
- Summerstown multiway is part of the August collection (£199).
- Pockets Essential collection includes multiway, backpacks, totes and cross-body bags (£69 - £89).
Transparency is key on any journey to being more sustainable. Radley London is committed to being the best it can be and is working hard to make that happen. As a global fashion brand, it knows it has a responsibility to make positive changes in its business and encourage change elsewhere - ethically, environmentally, and socially.
Find more about Radley London's campaign and sustainable collections online and in stores.