Fossil proudly announces the newest generation to its wearables portfolio: the Gen 6 Touchscreen Smartwatch. The next generation of smartwatches is powered by the Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear™4100+ Platform providing speed and performance, updated wellness sensors, and compatibility with Wear OS 3.
About The Launch
The new Fossil Gen 6 smartwatch launches with four colourways in a 44 mm case and three colourways in a 42 mm case for added size options. In addition to offering seven timeless styles and endless interchangeable strap options, users can customise dials and buttons to easily access their most-used functions. Fossil Gen 6 is upgradable to Wear OS 3 - Google’s new system update announced earlier in the Summer - and will benefit from continued improvements in features and user experience.
The key technological feature, the Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear™4100+ Platform provides users faster application load times, highly responsive user experiences, and more efficient power consumption. In addition, the battery charging speed is two times faster than leading smartwatches, reaching 80% charge in just over 30 minutes. Users will also benefit from continuous heart rate tracking, a new SpO2 sensor, speaker functionality to make and receive tethered calls, software updates from Wear OS by Google™and Fossil Group, smart battery modes and more. The Fossil brand Gen 6 smartwatch will be first to market, launching for pre-order for Android™and iOS phone users alike from 20 September.
Steve Evans, Fossil Group EVP Chief Brand Officer, says: 'We are proud to announce our highly-anticipated next generation of smartwatches. At Fossil Group, we are always striving to deliver increased performance and delight users, working in partnership with Qualcomm and Google, and we are excited by the new capabilities Gen 6 is bringing to our users. Faster interface, less time to charge and upgraded health and wellness features are only a few of the benefits Gen 6 will see as our teams continue to innovate and evolve our smartwatch portfolio. We also know how crucial personalised style continues to be in the wearables space for our design-conscious consumer, so I am excited to share that in addition to the Fossil brand, Michael Kors will soon be launching Gen 6 as well. Our innovation teams at Fossil Group continue to provide users the best-in-class experience without compromising stunning design from brands they love.'
'Fossil Group and Qualcomm have had a long-standing partnership and have led the convergence of fashion and technology in the industry', says Pankaj Kedia, Global Head of Wearables, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. 'We are delighted to have collaborated with Fossil Group on their latest smartwatch, the Gen 6, which is the first product to come to market based on our Snapdragon Wear 4100+ platform. This platform enables users to experience lightning-fast processing and richer, always-on and ambient modes, as well as watch faces with ultra-low power consumption thanks to the integration of the always-on co-processor in the platform.'
Fossil Gen 6 In Detail
Gen 6 boasts top everyday features, including:
- Increased Battery Charging Speed and Smart Battery Modes: users can enjoy shorter charging times and extended battery life to maximise their day. The Gen 6’s charging speed is two times faster than the leading smartwatch, reaching 80% in only a little more than 30 minutes of charging. This, combined with the Snapdragon Wear™4100+ platform, decreased power consumption and Fossil Group-developed Smart Battery Modes, puts the user in control and allows for 24+ hours of battery life (based on usage) or multiple days in Extended Battery Mode. This improvement also affects the customer experience in regard to sleep tracking. The device reaches 80% charge in about 30 minutes, enabling a full charge in the morning after tracking your sleep.
- Upgraded Health & Wellness Sensors: in addition to wellness updates from Fossil Group released in 2020, Gen 6 boasts an upgraded heart rate sensor to allow continuous tracking and improved signal accuracy. Users will also benefit from the new SpO2 sensor, which tracks an estimate of the wearer’s blood oxygen measurements to see how well your body is circulating oxygen over time.
- Swimproof Speaker and Microphone: Android and iOS smartphone users can enjoy the ability to make and receive calls from their Gen 6 smartwatch. Hear responses and get answers from Google Assistant – when you ask a question or tell it to perform an action, you can hear Google speak back to you.
Additional features include:
- Stainless steel case, top ring and pushers
- 44 mm and 42 mm case size options
- Stunning 1.28’’ touchscreen digital display
- Swimproof (up to 3 ATM)
- Customisable dials and button functionality
- Interchangeable straps and bracelets
- Enjoy All Your Spotify® Music and Podcasts Offline on smartwatches running Wear OS for all Spotify® Premium users
- Increased performance and lower power with Qualcomm® Snapdragon Wear™4100+
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® 5.0 LE, WiFi, GPS, NFC SE
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Altimeter, PPG Heart Rate, SpO2, Off-body IR, Ambient Light
- Wear OS by Google
- 8 GB of storage and 1 GB RAM
- 4 pin USB fast charging with magnetic puck
Fossil Gen 6 will be available at the retail price of £279-£299 and will be available for pre-order beginning 20th September at www.fossil.com. Find more information about the upcoming Michael Kors Gen 6 smartwatches online.