However, help is at hand with a new vitamin supplement specially formulated for women over 35 who want to improve their locks into middle-age.
The Hairburst Women’s 35+ Hair Vitamins £34.99 are packed full of nutrients renowned for their ability to boost hair growth and strength. The supplements work by stimulating hair growth and helping it to appear younger and healthier by reducing split ends and other damage caused by poor diet, sun, products and styling.
Key ingredients include: -
- Biotin – which is good for hair growth and reducing shedding, it’s also widely known that you can use biotin to thicken your hair, make it grow long and look shinier.
- Collagen – collagen is a naturally occurring protein in the body that is essential for healthy hair (and nails and skin). It helps your hair follicles get the nutrients they need and helps your hair grow faster.
- MSM helps with healthy hair growth because it gives your body one of its principle building blocks for hair. MSM can be useful for hair growth as it can increase hair cells leading to thicker, longer hair.
- Zinc helps to keep hormone levels regulated which is one of the reasons why it is so effective in preventing and treating hair loss.
- Vitamin C is one of the most effective nutrients to help grow and strengthen hair, it helps build collagen which is highly important for hair growth.
- Vitamin B6 in addition to energy and red blood cell production, vitamin B-6 keeps hair healthy and is important for skin health as it increases collagen production, which is necessary for healthy hair growth.
In trials women who took two tablets daily reported improved growth, with their hair feeling stronger, less brittle and healthier within weeks.
One customer, new mother Tiffani said: ‘After giving birth a lot of my hair fell out and no matter what other vitamins I took it would never grow back. After lots of research I found these and I've already noticed a big difference in my hair growth.’
Michaela said: ‘My hair was in a terrible condition thanks to hair straighteners, hair dye and scalp psoriasis. I initially bought a two months’ supply not expecting much. My hair didn’t grow spectacularly, however the condition was amazing. I used to lose clumps of hair in the shower, these vitamins practically eliminated hair shedding.’
Julia, added: ‘After using the product for just a few weeks I could already tell a difference in my hair. I had terrible post-partum hair loss and this product is going to help me grow the beautiful hair I had while I was pregnant. I can tell a difference in my nails too.’
And new mother Michele Ley said: ‘I have taken (the vitamins) for several days and I feel my hair is growing. Love this stuff! I recently gave birth and started experiencing post-partum hair loss - I was freaking out and decided to try this. Glad I did, totally worth it and for a very affordable price.’
A spokesman for Hairburst said their vitamins were giving women ‘stronger, longer and healthier-looking hair’ into middle-age. ‘We believe the key to gorgeous hair starts from within, that is why Hairburst is scientifically formulated and packed full of nutrients to help grow long, healthy hair with less breakage,’ he said...
‘Women undergo many hormone changes in their lifetime and events such as having a baby or going through the menopause can cause hair to appear lank or even fall out. Hairburst adds all the vital vitamins and nutrients to a women’s body to encourage hair growth and improve its strength and gloss.’