The people try to do their best in order to eat the healthiest food, to work out and to improve their sleep quality. But how could you achieve tranquillity if the air is hard to breathe? All the fuss surrounding us and all the creations of the modern era, that have become indispensable to us, bring a lot of undesired side effects which decrease the quality of the air we breathe.
As a reaction, the modern world has given us another example of its creations: the air purifiers. Like all the gadgets, these devices have been praised to be similar to one of the seventh wonders of the world, not only increasing the quality of our life, but changing it permanently. The air purifiers are supposed to come and reveal their magic by swiping away the bad odours and smoke, the dust, the pet dander and hair, the mold, the fungi, the pollen and even virus particles.
So, how do these marvel appliances work?
Well, the principle is very simple: all they have is one or more filters and a fan. The fan draws in all the impure air, the contaminated particles are left in the filter or filters, and the clean air is brought back into the room. The air purifiers might have carbon filters, UV (ultra violet) light – which is said to destroy the biological impurities such as virus and mold particles or HEPA filters - High Efficiency Particulate Air – that are said to have 99.9 per cent efficiency in catching very small particles and impurities that are inaccessible to the vacuum.
Some of the air purifiers work with ionizers, but when having one as such, you have to make sure that it doesn’t produce ozone, which is very dangerous to your lungs. In order to be sure you have to read the description or the packaging.
But now it’s time for the big question: do the air purifiers really work or it’s all a great marketing scheme?
Because human nature is most often bias, the supporters would say that the air purifiers are one of the greatest inventions of the 21st century. But then, there are the opponents who would say that these devices are just a marketing creation very nice wrapped up. What would be the truth then?
Which might be the reasons to make us buy an air purifier?
Let’s list down the pros of having such an appliance in our homes:
- We all love our dog when it comes cuddling next to us on the sofa or our kitten when it does all sort of tricks, spreading hairs all over, only to draw our attention. But what shall we do with the hairs and the dander they leave behind even more if we have an allergy or asthma? Well, all we need is an air purifier that will get rid of the animal hair, the dander and odour (including the smell of urine) in order to ease the process of breathing.
- What if we have a smoking relative in the house? We can’t just force him to quit, so, we’ll use the air purifiers which are great in eliminating air pollutants.
- The air purifiers are very good with collecting and destroying all the dust particles in the house, in this way protecting the furnishing.
- And, believe it or not, the air purifiers can help and prevent a lot of skin affections like: acne, slowing down skin ageing and preventing allergies.
But there are also some cons to be taken into consideration when buying an air purifier:
- The air purifiers require maintenance, so be prepared to spend a certain amount of money yearly in order to change the filters.
- Be aware of the fact that companies tend to overrate their products. Depending on the kind of filter they use, only one air purifier is not capable of getting rid of all types of air polluting agents.
- Don’t forget that ozone air purifiers produce ozone gas that can cause great harm to your lungs.
The air purifiers are very useful in helping cleaning and improving the air quality at home or at the office. It doesn’t matter if you live with a smoker or if you have pets, all the odours, hair and pet dander are just going to vanish.
By choosing to have an air purifier, you can enjoy a better health state and clean air in an allergen free house or office, and the dust, hair, pet dander, smoke, mold and virus particles won’t be part of your concerns anymore.