With the wellbeing of customers and employees being of utmost priority, the reopening of each
River Island store follows government guidelines on social distancing and hygiene measures, to ensure customers can shop safely and River Island employees are protected.
So as customers return after one year to enjoy the in-store shopping experience, the campaign offers a moment to reminisce and emulate the pre-lockdown joys of shopping with River Island.
Across outdoor and social media channels, as well as in stores, the campaign will engage customers and drive conversation around the shopping expectations of re-opening. During the countrywide campaign, seven slogans will build excitement in the weeks of reopening, including:
1. ‘In 2019 pyjamas were not acceptable work attire’
2. ‘In 2019 clothes went on your bottom half too’.
3. ‘In 2019 same day delivery was the journey home from the shops’
4. ‘In 2019 you could ‘get your steps in’ while buying clothes’
5. ‘In 2019 people bought clothes for ‘parties. Remember those?’
6. ‘In 2019 people standing too close to you in queues was still annoying’.
7. ‘In 2019 you shopped like your only concern was meat-free sausage rolls’.
River Island customers purchasing in-store will be rewarded with a voucher entitling them to 20.19%* off their next purchase, as a thank you for getting back into store. The brand plans to reopen its remaining stores in Scotland on 26th April, in line with government guidelines. Shortly after ‘Shop Like It’s 2019’ draws to a close, River Island will launch its summer campaign, ‘Unleash Your Vibe’, focused on dressing for the much-anticipated summer months and occasions as consumers begin to return to normality.
Sean Hastings, River Island Chief Customer Officer, said; “We are thrilled to be welcoming customers back to our stores. While our loyal customers have shopped with us online during each lockdown, the high street remains an essential part of River Island’s omni-channel strategy and offers customers an experience that online can’t replicate. We look forward to welcoming our customers back to the high street”.
*To be used in store only between 3rd – 30th May (min spend £40).