For the first time in history, the city of London will host an event that will showcase fashion which is inspired from Africa. The event is known as Africa Fashion Week London ( AFWL) 2011. It will be held between 5th and 6th August 2011 at the Gibson Hall, 13 Bishopsgate London EC2N and will make history as the biggest platform ever dedicated to African inspired fashion in Europe.
Africa Fashion Week London will showcase UK and non UK based fashion designers. The Revelation shows within AFWL will give new and emerging fashion designers an opportunity to showcase to the UK and international press, buyers and stockiest of high street and independent stores.
AFWL is open to members of the public who can come and see the latest collections and buy from the numerous exhibitors from within the fashion industry who will be parading their wares for sale.
Africa Fashion Week London is a project designed to create a loud and wide exposure and propagation of style, beauty and fashion from an African perspective, in an European environment, thereby creating an atmosphere for cultural exchange, a fusion of western and African cultures through fashion. The event will
• Feature designers from the whole of Africa, Europe & the USA
• Offer those in the fashion industry a free platform on which to showcase their brands
• Act as an opportunity for fashion designers to network
• Create a portal for new designers to enter into the market and integrate into the international fashion industry
• Highlight the African Textile Industry to a global audience thereby enhancing development
• Enable African countries to showcase their national fabrics through their designers, thereby enabling them to carve a niche in the global market
• Make African textiles visible to the rest of the world by creating an interactive platform that will involve the Media, Manufacturers, Designers, Retailers
Africa Fashion Week London will be attended by fashion designers, milliners, fabric manufacturers and printers, jewellers, beauty product manufacturers, leather goods designers and manufacturers, perfumers, photographers, make-up artists, models, media houses, buyers, local and international press and indeed anyone that has any link with fashion, especially with an African interest. The event is open to members of the public.
Participants include new/emerging designers under the Revelation label and renowned fashion designers. Categories accepted include fashion design, textile prints, accessories, bridals, jewelers, foot wears, milliners, lingerie and swimwear.
The event will host over 2000 members of the public.
Notes to the Editor:
Africa Fashion Week London is organized by Ronke Ademiluyi of Rukkies Concept and produced by Mahogany Productions.
For General Enquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Media Enquiries please contact: email@example.com
For more information: Africa Fashion Week London