Nothing says casual-chic like a pair of flared jeans, so goodbye to skinny jeans. This 70’s flashback is all about a casual retro trend.
Flare denims available @ Miss Selfridge, Coat @Miss Selfridge, shoe @Miss Selfridge, bag @Dorothy Perkins
Wear a heel with your flares:
The flare shape elongates your legs and a heel will take that illusion one step further. As well as minimize the risk of a bunched up hem.
Flare denims available @ Miss Selfridge, Jacket New Look, Shoe@ Dune, bag@ Dune and Cami @Very
A perfect hem:
With flares it is all about the hem. Go for a pair with a slightly longer length than the rest of the trousers in your wardrobe.
Flare denims available @ Miss Selfridge, Blouse @ Very, Cape @ Laredoute, shoes @ Very, clutch @ Primark
Opt for a high- waisted silhouette:
This is the most flattering fit, because any trousers that sits higher on the hips will enhance the leg-lengthening affect and give you a curvy silhouette. Add a belt for a more defined waist.
“We are going on a summer holiday, la, la, la!!! “ Yes!! That exciting summer holiday is looming, time for some valuable “you time”.
The only snag is deciding what to pack. You have your suitcase ready and all your favorite holiday pieces from last year along with the new stuff you bought, is laid out on the bed and you are trying to figure out how on earth are you going to get it all into one suitcase.
I sense that there is a bit of panic, but there is no need to panic. All you need is a bit of skilful organizing and voila!!
Here is some basic tips for you to follow;
1. Make a list, write down each day of your trip and what you have planned to do on that day, lunch, sightseeing, sport or just lying on the beach or next to the pool. Now for each of these activities jot down what you want to wear, as this will show you what you can wear, for example the same pair of trouser, dress or skirt, can you wear it at least twice during your holiday. This will leaves more space in your suitcase.
2. Now with your list, lay out all your pieces and see how each pieces co-ordinates with another pieces. Do not take any pieces that does not match any of the items that you have picked and laid out. For example do not take that bright green top if you are not taking anything that matches with it.
3. Mixing colours is perfect for summer but you do not need to take all the colours in your wardrobe, just pack the key pieces that you know you can mix and match.
4. Keep your trousers and jackets in neutral shades like white, cream, navy and denim as it make is easier to match your tops.
5. Economise on space by putting items like shower gel into smaller containers or folding/rolling clothes neatly, as you might need space for items that you bought on your holidays.
6. Pack your shoes, like 1 pair of heels, sandals and flip flops, at the bottom of your suitcase and use the corners of your suitcase for small items like underwear.
7. Take at least one or two scarves, as you can wear it as a mini skirt over your bikini or as a turban to protect your hair from sun damage
Now that your suitcase is packed, all that is left, is for you to start counting down the days to your sun holiday.
Last Saturday saw myself and my talented team working our magic at the 2nd edition of Tama Ra Soiree. The event is held every first Saturday of the month in the heart of London at the Holiday Inn, Bloomsbury.
Guests are treated to a night of music, art and live entertainment with an all you can eat Caribbean buffet – yummy!
Fashions Finest teamed up with with CEO Of Tama Ra Soiree Hazel Jordan to bring a showcase of fashion at the event. Each event features a different designer with their latest collections modelled by models in a catwalk showcase around the grand luxurious event room.
My job is to design a suitable makeup and hair look to match the designer that month and their wonderful collection.
Last Saturday we had the pleasure of working with Helen Woolams of Hellavagirl and her sequinned collection. Glitz, glam and glamour are just a few words that spring to mind when thinking of Helen’s collection.
To match her designs I knew I had to create a look that was as equally stunning as her glorious gowns. GLITTER!!
I chose glitter as the main focus for the makeup. Sparkling colours to match the sparkling sequins in the designs – perfect! I talked to my team about picking colours from the designs and incorporating one colour into the glitter eye makeup. Keeping the rest of the makeup minimal so that the eyes really popped with the dresses, I chose a natural nude lip with lots of gloss to enhance the glamorous look even more. Fresh dewy slightly highlighted skin and a pop of blush is all that was needed for the skin. Hair was kept simple popped back into a bun or pony or left natural.
- Mehron UK Celebre pro foundation
- Sleek contour, blush & highlighter
- Inglot lip colours
- Mac clear gloss
- Glitter from brands, Kryolan, Helen E, Stargazer and Beauty UK
HAIR & MUA TEAM
Me, Rose Taylor, Bev k & Rosita Baiamonte
Moixa is a London based luxury brand that brings together design innovations expressing new ideas about appearance, construction and wearability.
Pronounced Moy-sha, Catalan for female cat, the textile led designs reflect modern, ultra-feminine styles for women who are individual and confident. The collections combine complex textile and fashion techniques with each garment hand-made and distinctively individual.
The concept is the brainchild of New Yorker Denise Mahmud who moved to London in the late 90s creating limited edition garments and accessories at Camden, Portobello and Old Spitalfields.
With Moxia, Denise has successfully managed to combine her expertise in Batik, Shibori, silkscreen, block printing, weaving and embroidery to create high-end, high-quality fashion.
Her textiles have been exhibited at ICFF New York, Maison & Objet Paris, MoOD (Meet only Original Designs) Brussels and The Bargehouse Festival (part of the London Design Festival) as well as featuring in international magazines.
"Fashion is the life of ideas and expression. I'm fascinated with the energy within us all and try to reflect this through timeless quality of choice fabrics and intricate detail of each garment – energy after all is never destroyed, it's simply transformed."
Moixa's garments are hand-crafted in their London based studio and hand-picked UK manufacturers, underpinning the company’s support for the British textile industry and the pursuit of impeccable craftsmanship and authenticity.
Evolving each season, the collections are beautifully crafted and trend-resistant - the very definition of investment dressing.