Over the last few months, CEO of Fashions Finest, Deborah St Louis, has been working closely with the ladies at The Branding Initiative. It was a pleasure to finally get to meet her in person when we were both invited to #BeInspired at Bentley Birmingham for an evening of luxury cars and fashion for Female Entrepreneurs.
Bentley Birmingham are leading the way amongst the luxury car industry in realising that the female empowerment movement represents women, globally, not only fighting for places on corporate boards but also in carving their own nichés as entrepreneurial superstars! And let me tell you, at the Bentley Birmingham ladies event, organised by Chameli Chowdhury, we met a fair few female entrepreneurs that are, for want of a better phrase, kicking ass!
Upon arrival, we were greeted with a chilled glass of Ruinart champagne. The scene was set with pop up areas dedicated to fashion, jewels, art and a showcase of NSPCC Childline, Bentley’s choice of sponsored charity. Bentley aim with this event was to “combine inspirational names from the worlds of luxury style and fashion” and they didn’t disappoint!
With only 20 Bentley dealerships across the UK and 4 of them managed by Sytner, Bentley Birmingham is switched on to what it means to use affiliate, attraction and digital marketing to increase exposure to the brand and broaden their client base. Marketing towards women is a smart move. Connecting luxury cars to other luxury items like fashion and jewels is an even smarter move! I mean, what other luxury car brand is so in tune with women in business that they showcase luxury shoes and handbags to match the car?!
Meet “Purple Rain”, the stunning Bentley that comes with bespoke hand made shoes designed and crafted by Kate Spence. Kate designed for and managed the Jimmy Choo brand for seven years before establishing her own luxury couture footwear brand for women in 2012.
Deborah St. Louis was especially keen to listen to the keynote from catwalk designer Alice Temperley of Temperley London, Deborah’s connections to London Fashion Week with Fashions Finest being the second largest off schedule event organiser for LFW.
Throughout the summer Bentley Birmingham are exploring what inspires people and how that inspiration becomes a luxury item and creating something exquisite that perfectly balances form and function. Female entrepreneurs are the perfect target market to add huge value to that. What inspires us? What drives us? We’ll be interested to see what Bentley Birmingham come up with. What we would love to see is a catwalk show, showcasing up and coming designers, mixing new innovation traditional luxury. With more events lined up like that of #BeInspired, we have no doubt that this is going to be an interesting summer for Bentley!
Deborah St Louis and Melanie Jones were delighted to meet Jenny Lee Holt at the event, a huge supporter of The Branding Initiative and fellow female entrepreneur and Director of Spectrum Telecoms. Together we browsed the cars, fashion and diamonds. Luxury bespoke jeweller S.P Green of Birmingham showcased some stunning pieces at the event and we had our beady eyes on a beautiful diamond and sapphire piece – blue and white to match our logo of course! What better way to spend a Friday evening?!
Deborah St Louis and the ladies at The Branding Initiative would like to express huge thanks to Bentley Birmingham for the invitation. We look forward to working with you more over the coming months.
For more information about Bentley cars, please contact Chris Gretton.
For more information on The Branding Initiative, our services or our programs, please contact us here.
Written by KellyAnn Schiavo - Co-founder of The Branding Initiative, Women in Business Ambassador & Blogger
Fashions Finest Creative Director Sola Oyebade chats to Boss Media presenter Dianne Perard during London Fashion Week Aw16 about the platform, show and designers featured.
Video Production Bosss Media
Fashions Finest Ceo Deborah St. Louis chats to Boss Media presenter Dianne Perard during London Fashion Week Aw16 about the platform, show and designers featured.
Video Bosss Media
The inspiration for this collection came from a number of elements, so many Helen suddenly felt quite overwhelmed at the outset, then her goal was clear.
Nothing says casual-chic like a pair of flared jeans, so goodbye to skinny jeans. This 70’s flashback is all about a casual retro trend.
Flare denims available @ Miss Selfridge, Coat @Miss Selfridge, shoe @Miss Selfridge, bag @Dorothy Perkins
Wear a heel with your flares:
The flare shape elongates your legs and a heel will take that illusion one step further. As well as minimize the risk of a bunched up hem.
Flare denims available @ Miss Selfridge, Jacket New Look, Shoe@ Dune, bag@ Dune and Cami @Very
A perfect hem:
With flares it is all about the hem. Go for a pair with a slightly longer length than the rest of the trousers in your wardrobe.
Flare denims available @ Miss Selfridge, Blouse @ Very, Cape @ Laredoute, shoes @ Very, clutch @ Primark
Opt for a high- waisted silhouette:
This is the most flattering fit, because any trousers that sits higher on the hips will enhance the leg-lengthening affect and give you a curvy silhouette. Add a belt for a more defined waist.
“We are going on a summer holiday, la, la, la!!! “ Yes!! That exciting summer holiday is looming, time for some valuable “you time”.
The only snag is deciding what to pack. You have your suitcase ready and all your favorite holiday pieces from last year along with the new stuff you bought, is laid out on the bed and you are trying to figure out how on earth are you going to get it all into one suitcase.
I sense that there is a bit of panic, but there is no need to panic. All you need is a bit of skilful organizing and voila!!
Here is some basic tips for you to follow;
1. Make a list, write down each day of your trip and what you have planned to do on that day, lunch, sightseeing, sport or just lying on the beach or next to the pool. Now for each of these activities jot down what you want to wear, as this will show you what you can wear, for example the same pair of trouser, dress or skirt, can you wear it at least twice during your holiday. This will leaves more space in your suitcase.
2. Now with your list, lay out all your pieces and see how each pieces co-ordinates with another pieces. Do not take any pieces that does not match any of the items that you have picked and laid out. For example do not take that bright green top if you are not taking anything that matches with it.
3. Mixing colours is perfect for summer but you do not need to take all the colours in your wardrobe, just pack the key pieces that you know you can mix and match.
4. Keep your trousers and jackets in neutral shades like white, cream, navy and denim as it make is easier to match your tops.
5. Economise on space by putting items like shower gel into smaller containers or folding/rolling clothes neatly, as you might need space for items that you bought on your holidays.
6. Pack your shoes, like 1 pair of heels, sandals and flip flops, at the bottom of your suitcase and use the corners of your suitcase for small items like underwear.
7. Take at least one or two scarves, as you can wear it as a mini skirt over your bikini or as a turban to protect your hair from sun damage
Now that your suitcase is packed, all that is left, is for you to start counting down the days to your sun holiday.