Charlotte Rhys made its name in South Africa as a luxury fragrance brand that takes responsible actions toward the environment, the local flora and society. Fashions Finest dived into this new scented world to share some considerations.
You can escape the city to unplug from the routine but you cannot forget your skincare regime. The solution is portable, stylish and eco-friendly, it is called The Karry.
Give a romantic flair to your makeup look and add all the gentleness of mineral-based cosmetics with Pure Anada and its award-winning 'Dreamy Compact Palette'.
Do you crave that pleasant sensation when you get pampered at the spa? Do you miss a good chance for a face or nail makeover? Wait no more. Invogue has what you need for your beauty salon in the comfort of your home. Discover our beauty picks.
Photo by Invogue
Maybe you need to save after a year of restriction and constrictions but you can definitely find the best in vegan beauty to feel instantly good. Building your beauty salon home is guilt-free and cruelty-free with Invogue's selection of beauty items and tools.
What would you need to start your day or to get ready for the night? We found our skin, face, nails daily essentials and style weapons with Invogue. Check what we love and approve:
- So Eco Facial Cleansing Kit
- Brushworks Micro Needle Derma Roller
- Eye Candy Signature Lash – ARIA
- Invogue Lash Vault Lashes #01
- Nail HQ All In One Treatment
For Your Face
We spent lines promoting greener options for our beauty routine. Our skincare picks cannot but have to be eco-conscious and practical:
• So Eco Facial Cleansing Kit: a pack of makeup remover pads and cloths inside a washable bag. Give your skin a reset with the So Eco Facial Cleansing Kit. This set features two makeup remover pads and two makeup remover Cloths that are all made from a microfibre material that removes makeup just using water. Suitable for all skin types, each pad and cloth replace the use of 1500 single-use pads, as they can be put in the washing machine to be used again and again. The So Eco Facial Cleansing Kit vegan, cruelty-free and sustainable. This set contains 2 makeup remover pads, 2 makeup remover cloths and 1 washable bag.
• Brushworks Micro Needle Derma Roller will take your skincare regime to the next level. Micro-needling is known to help enhance any skincare routine by aiding with the absorption of serums, preventing breakouts, blackheads, and keeping the skin healthy and supple. Brushworks’ roller uses painless micro-needles to penetrate the surface of the skin to stimulate collagen production and elastin refreshed complexion. It is vegan and cruelty-free.
For Your Eyes
What is the secret of actresses' eyes? More lashes, of course. Here are two falsies to have all eyes on you:
• Eye Candy Aria from the Signature Collection Lashes boast a layered lash look with V-shaped clusters to ensure your eyes slay from every angle. A doll-like lash with an elongated centre to open the eye and truly make your eyes the centre of attention. These luxury lashes are cruelty-free, handmade and premium-quality. (Lash glue is sold separately.)
• Invogue Lash Vault Lashes #01 are dainty and delicate falsies, the perfect combination for lash addicts looking for a natural look with an added touch of glam. Soft strands of hair form criss-cross clusters along the lash band, giving you a textured and defined finish without being too overpowering for an everyday look. Pair these divine lashes with a soft smokey eye and you are good to go. very light and easy to apply, these lashes are also cruelty-free and reusable. Each box contains three pairs of lashes. (Lash glue is sold separately.)
For Your Nails
Your new mani will last longer with the right treatment. This is ideal for very stressed nails...
• Nail HQ All In One Treatment is a multi-treatment for dry, brittle, soft, and weak nails. Repair and restore your nails with the Nail HQ All In One Treatment. This multi-solution is designed to strengthen dry, brittle, soft, and weak nails to help them stay healthy for longer. It is enriched with acrylic resin, acai berry, and argan oil to provide moisture, nourishment, and strength to the nails. It is cruelty-free and vegan.
Find more for your beauty routine and makeup with 100% cruelty-free and vegan options online with Invogue.
We know well how curly and Afro-textured hair needs special care to maintain its luscious beauty and health. Sophia London, a new haircare brand, answers this 'emergency hair call' with its official launch.
There something new in town and fashion expert Gok Wan makes no mystery about his love for it. It is Colorsport 30 Day Brow Tint, now with a new and improved formula.
Your haircare routine can be more sustainable both inside and outside the bottle. This is Arbonne's novelty: a newly launched haircare range reimagined to be completely green: TrueSmooth.
Taking off makeup does not have to contribute to global warming.
Photo by EcoPanda, Unsplash
Single-use wipes are becoming an extremely unfashionable accessory to store in makeup bags. Slowly but surely, society has come to the realisation that they do absolutely no favours for the skin, and even more importantly, the environment.
It is time to wash away the global unhealthy habit of using makeup wipes as a quick fix while ignoring the long-term knock-on effects.
We all know, everyone dreads reaching the end of a long day and having to take their makeup off. This small task requires a surprising amount of effort, which is made much easier by grabbing a wipe from the bedside table. More time for beauty sleep, right? Well actually, maybe not. As convenient as these little wipes are, they really pack a punch when it comes to their ingredients list, meaning our skin could in fact be getting worse overnight.
The truth is, 9.3 million makeup wipes are flushed down the toilet daily. They play a key role in polluting waterways and can lead to enormous sewer build ups. London’s ‘Fatberg’ last year amounted to an astonishing 11 double-decker buses. Coastlines too have been affected, with statistics from the Marine Conservation Society showing the number of makeup wipes washed up on beaches has increased by 50% since 2013.
While these figures are alarming, the wipes themselves are also made from harmful materials such as polyester and polypropylene. Further packaged in plastic, the entire product is non-biodegradable and ends up in landfill where it can take up to 100 years to decompose. Not only this, but ingredients in the wipes themselves such as alcohols, chemicals and parabens are really going to upset the skin. Included to keep the product moist and effective, it is clear to see they do more harm than good. From irritation to increased sensitivity and even enhanced breakouts - is convenience really worth bad skin and a poorly planet?
So, what can be used instead?
Do not panic. There are now many solutions on the market that offer a perfect swap out to help soothe skin and save waterways. Below are a few examples of best-selling products.
Photo by Sora Shimazaki, Pexels
1. Face Halo Reusable Makeup Remover
Made from HaloTech fibres, these handy little spheres only need water to rid the face of makeup- magical. Face Halo also goes one step further in helping to reduce produce in landfill with their upcycling incentive. At the end of a Face Halo’s life, they can be sent back and re-made again. Approximately £15.50 for a pack of 3, they can each be used up to 200 times.
Photo by Face Halo
2. My Little Eco Shop Clean Sponge
An award-winning makeup remover, this ideal oval traps makeup and gently exfoliates the skin while doing so. By simply using this product, hundreds of single-use makeup wipes are being saved from landfill – it is that easy. Made from ethical microfibers, this remover puff is great if you are on a budget, at only £3 each.
3. Tendertouch Organic Cotton Pads
Plastic-free and fully biodegradable, this makeup remover solution can be composted once it reaches the end of its life. If you do not already know the benefits of organic cotton, it is dubbed one of Earth’s most efficient substances. To name one, the material requires little to no additional water meaning there is no strain on water supplies. These are not to be confused with traditional cotton pads however. Unlike disposable one-time use pads, the Tendertouch pads can last a year if cared for properly. The pack contains 8 cleansing pads which come in an organic drawstring bag for £9.99.
With all this information there is no excuse to not make the switch, so what are you waiting for?
Although very common, skin issues like dryness and itchiness should not be skated over. With quick relief and long-lasting hydration, LOTIL skincare has been helping people for over a century.
Celebrities all over the globe are an endless source of inspiration for everything beauty and fashion-related. Admiration often turns into emulation, and a new study can today reveal that Kylie Jenner is officially the world’s most influential celebrity!
The research, run and published by RY, offers an interesting insight into global beauty ideals. The study analyses Google search queries to reveal the most loved and copied celebrity beauty looks and today's top celebrity influencers.
The Research: How To Spot The Influencers
RY made a list of 232 global celebrities, the most buzzed in glossy magazines of the likes of Allure and Glamour. Then, it put together the most typed queries on Google and combined the two lists to cover a full year. The research found which stars have the biggest influence in our quests for hair and makeup inspiration and more.
The Top 10 Most Popular Celebrity Looks
Kylie Jenner wins the round for the most popular and copied look. It does not come as a surprise; Kylie's look with her signature nude plumped lips made her fortune. Following, we can find Ariana Grande and Jennifer Aniston. Jennifer Aniston - who arrived in our houses as Rachel Green in Friends - is an astonishing example of fresh beauty over 40s.
Top 3 Most Popular Celebrities For Hair Inspiration
Jennifer Anniston is the top global hairstyle inspiration with her effortlessly healthy honey-gold locks. Follows Selena Gomez and Ariana Grande with her superbly sleek ponytail.
Top 3 Most Popular Celebrities For Makeup Inspiration
Kylie wins once again for the most popular makeup on Google. On a rushed morning, her nude makeup all about glowy skin and luscious lips is a successful choice. She can sport both natural and full glam looks but - it is not a secret - her lips are behind Kylie's empire with her Kylie Lip Kits. Ariana Grande arrives second with her cat-eye flick and glossy lips; while Selena Gomez arrives in the third position with her warm beauty and down-to-earth presence. We have no doubts, her makeup brand, called Rare Beauty, will reach the top globally.
Top 3 Most Popular Celebrities For Skincare Inspiration
Rihanna's glowy skin gives her the crown as the most popular skincare celebrity. The Barbadian singer is not simply known for her inimitable voice but also for her clean skin. Her cosmetic brand, Fenty Beauty, offers a chance to reach that perfection. Jennifer Lopez seems not to feel time passing. Now in her 50s, JLo can show a superb silhouette and a flawless complexion. She shares her secrets for dewy and younger skin with fans and the public with JLo Beauty. This time, Kylie Jenner settles for a third position with solely 50,000 searches every year for her skincare tips.
Top 3 Most Popular Celebrity Beauty Inspiration From The Past
The research also looks into the not-so-far past with a chart crowded with Hollywood actresses. The most influential of all is, of course, Marilyn Monroe with her iconic bombshell look.
Follows Twiggy and David Bowie, who left an undiscussed mark in the history of music with his talent and artistic self-expression.
Top 3 Most Newsworthy Celebrity Beauty Icons
RY's research spots also the most covered VIPs in magazines and online articles. Meghan Markle has always been in the news since her royal wedding; Kim Kardashian is just second, followed by Taylor Swift.
Read the full research online at RY